We have to take care of ourselves before we can help anyone one else.
Practicing self-care is extremely important for our mental health and helps us recharge and take our lives head on. Practicing self care and self love are the most important things you can do.
Here are the things you can do
- Eat more foods that come from the Earth and not a lot of the processed foods.
- Wear clothes that you feel confident in.
- Find an exercise that you really enjoy so you don’t dread working out.
- Exfoliate your body.
- Come up with morning affirmations that you can tell yourself everyday.
- Put on a facial mask.
- Go on long walks with your dog.
- Reward yourself every time you do a difficult task.
- Call a friend.
- Binge watch your favorite shows.
- Adopt a new hobby.
- Donate clothes and items that you no longer want or use anymore to someone less fortunate.
- Make a To Do List every night for the next day. (Make sure you do the things you don’t want to do first that way the list gets easier as you check it off.)
- Take your make-up off every night.
- Accept yourself as you are. (The Good, The Ugly, The Beautiful, The Stinky, The Sexy, Etc.)
- Drink tea before you sleep.
- Forgive people who have wronged you in the past. (Not for them, but for you. It’s not healthy to hold on to negative feelings towards other people.)
- Listen to uplifting podcasts.
- Have a mini dance party everyday. (While you get ready for your day or while you fold laundry, or whenever you want.)
- Stretch every morning when you wake up.
- Start a journal. (Document your feels and/or experiences)
- Do your hair and make-up.
- Watch the sunset whenever you can.
- Do your laundry.
- Host a movie night for your friends and/or family.
- Start a habit that you’ve always wanted to pick up.
- Wash your face.
- Have a morning routine.
- Have a night routine.
- Allow yourself to dream big.
- Write a letter to yourself for a year from now telling yourself where your going to be .
- Drink water.
- Have a vision board collage somewhere you’ll be able to see it everyday.
- Meditate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Clean out your email box and unsubscribe to spam emails.
- Make sure you keep up to date with doctor appointments.
- Go to bed early.
- Start reading a book.
- Un-friend people that don’t make you feel good about yourself, or don’t act like a friend to you.
- Listen to upbeat or soft music when you wake up in the morning.
- Bake your favorite treat.
- Go to bed early.
- Read inspirational quotes.
- Say three or more things that your grateful for. (do it everyday)
- Open all the curtains and blinds when the suns out to let light in.
- Walk barefoot on the ground .(in the dirt, in the grass, in the sand) Any place where you feel grounded with Earth and Mother Nature.
- Make goals for yourself.
- Go for a walk on the beach. (if possible)
- Go for a bike ride.
- Pamper yourself.
- Meal plan every week.
- Go to the farmers market and buy fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Get or give yourself a manicure and a pedicure.
- Smile at strangers.
- Make your bed every morning.
- Go for a nature hike.
- Unplug from everything for at least an hour a day.
- Compliment someone even a stranger.
Hello Gorgeous, Happy Friday! I can’t believe we’re half way through March already! This post is coming extremely late, but I want to make sure I post these every month. Reading inspirational quotes can change your mood or your out look on something, It’s definitely a mood booster and we should read them everyday, and especially if we’re in a negative state of mind.
- People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Life is like a camera, you focus on what’s important, capture the good times, develop from the negative, and if things don’t work out take another shot.
- Everyday may not be good, but there is something good in everyday.
- Not till we are lost… do we begin to find ourselves.
- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.
- You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think, and loved more than you know.
- Happiness isn’t about getting what you want all the time. It’s about loving what you have and being grateful for it.
- You are responsible for what you say and what you do. You are not responsible for whether or not people freak out about it.
- Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be.
- You decide how much words hurt you. Nothing grows until it’s fed.
- If the plan doesn’t work, change the plan. Never the goal.
- Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and think of what could go right.
- Be the leading character in your story.
- Just do your best.
- Invest in yourself.
- A bad attitude is like a flat tire, you can’t get very far until you change it
- What other people think of you has nothing to do with you and everything to do with them.
- We rise by lifting others.
Dealing with a bad day let’s face it no matter how much progress we make, we still tend to have bad days now and again. Everyone experiences tough times, bumps in the road and depending who your surrounding yourself with it could also be an abundance of negativity. We have so much outside influences that it can be hard to stay positive or find your happiness.
I’ve come up with a list of things you can do when your having a bad day or just not feeling like yourself.
- PUT ON SOME SOFT MUSIC
- PUT ON THE COMFIEST CLOSTHES YOU HAVE
- EMBRACE THE DAY – Accept the fact that what happened today happened and how your feeling is just the way your feeling today. Accept them but don’t let them control the rest of the day.
- DO A FEW MINDLESS TASKS – Do some small chores that you’ve been meaning to do. This will make you feel accomplished and like you have some sense of control over the day.
- DO SOMETHING NICE FOR YOURSELF – Treat yourself to something you’ve been wanting like a new face mask, a candle, make up item, an article of clothing. Just some source of happiness for your day. You van also pamper yourself by doing your nails, putting on a face mask, or whatever way you like treating yourself.
- CALL A FRIEND
- BUY YOUR FAVORITE MEAL OR YOUR FAVORITE COMFORT FOOD
- BINGE WATCH YOUR FAVORITE SHOW OR MOVIES
- REMEMBER THE GOOD – Write down your gratitudes. Writing down what your thankful for pushes you to think about the positive and pushes the negative to the side.
- GET SOME AIR – Go for a walk or go for a drive whatever way allows you to be in the moment and just smell the air.
- WATCH BABY ANIMAL VIDEOS – This is the solution to every problem. There’s no way you can be sad or angry when watching a cute baby animal video on Instagram, Youtube, or Twitter.
- KNOW THAT NOTHING LASTS FOREVER
Remember it’s ok not to do or feel 100% all the time. It’s easy to open our social medias and see everyone’s perfect pictures of there perfect lives doing everything 110%. Just know that social media is just a highlight of someone’s life it’s not their entire life. Everyone’s got their moments, you can’t give a 100% in things without having time to recharge. Comment down below and tell me what you like to do when your having a bad day.
Finding yourself is a journey of challenging yourself and making yourself feel uncomfortable so we can find our loves, likes, and dislikes. A journey to see what all we can do and be. In Jen Sincero’s word’s “I just want to see what I can get away with.”
I’m currently on the journey of finding myself. It’s been fun, challenging, and harder then I thought. A lot of things seem easier said then done. I’ve been reading a lot of books that have helped tremendously and have changed my whole perception on how I see myself and others. I’ve been using these things I’ve learned in my day to day life. Which everything that I’ve read, watched, and listened to all sums up to loving yourself. Love yourself, believe in yourself, and trust yourself and you’ll be happy and fulfilled. Sounds super corny right? That’s because it is, but it’s so true. If everyone loved themselves then no one would be taking their shit out on themselves, other people, or our animal friends. Loving yourself is one of those things that seems so easy, but yet it’s one of those things that we just don’t allow ourselves to do. For some of us it’s like we’re trying as hard as we can not to love ourselves because we don’t think we deserve it, or we need to punish ourselves for something we’ve done and we can’t forgive ourselves.
For everything I’ve read, watched, and listened too, they all tell you the basic things you have do to find yourself and love yourself. Some give you a couple of tools to use when you have a bad day, but what none of them tell you is that those tools won’t always work, and those bad days can sometimes turn into a bad week or a bad month, but I’ve learn that that’s ok. Life is suppose to be messy and a series of highs and lows. A big part of figuring out who you are is through the pain because with out it you wouldn’t know or appreciate the good.
If your on the journey to finding yourself and/or loving yourself know that it’s completely ok and normal to have more then one bad day, week, or month. It’s also completely ok to freak out every once in while. Feel the anger, sadness, and/or frustration, just make sure that your thinking of solutions to your situation too. It can be very easy to throw ourselves a pity party and make ourselves the victim. Once you go down that rabbit hole it’s hard to see the light in the tunnel. It’s easy to be negative, but having a negative mind doesn’t equal a positive life or the life you want. Happiness takes work, but it’s completely worth it.
I’ll be posting a how to find yourself blog post later this month, this was just some thoughts I felt like sharing with you.
We are now into the second week of 2018 and by now everyone is already has their goals for the year. I wanted to share my goals for the year with you and I’d love to hear what some of yours are, comment them down below and we can all share.
- Go to more festivals and concerts
- Read more books like, “You Are A Badass” by Jen Sincero
- Work on my writing and how I can improve it
- Become Vegan
- Learn how to communicate better
- Move into a house
- Start a YouTube channel
- Learn how to edit videos (Learn How to use final cut pro)
- Start running again
- Meditate (before I go to bed or right when I wake up)
- Spend more quality time with friends and family
- Be kinder to myself and believe more in myself stop being so self critical
I made my goals simple and more focused on myself because this year I want to work on bettering myself. I also want to be healthier mentally and physically. What’s your main goal?