I just wanted to write a short update on why I didn’t have a post up yesterday and I won’t have one up until Friday. I know I said I’d be posting every day for FallTober, but yesterday I woke extremely sick and in a lot of pain I’m feeling a little better today, but not 100%. So for missing these 3 days, I will be posting 3 extra posts soon. I feel like I owe you all that much. Thank you so much for taking your time and reading this and I will see you on Friday.
Hey babes, welcome back to FallTober on my blog. Today is day 8, wow I can’t believe it has been a week already. There’s still so much content that will be going up till Thanksgiving day. Today I’m bringing back a favorite, which is my monthly inspirational quotes.
- Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results – Willie Nelson
- We are all born beautiful. The greatest tragedy is being convinced that we are not – Rupi Kaur
- People are not born brave or strong but it’s their decision to survive and stand up to no matter what throws them down is what makes them real heroes – Unknown
- You only know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice – Bob Marley
- Most important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all – Dale Carnegie
- Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together – Marilyn Monroe
- It doesn’t what others are doing it matters what your doing – Unknown
- Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Falling in love with yourself first doesn’t make you vain or selfish, it makes you indestructible – Unknown
- If your not making mistakes, then your not making decisions – Catherine Cook
- No matter what the situation is, remind yourself “I have a choice” – Deepak Chopra
- Worrying is like a rocking chair: it gives you something to do, but it doesn’t get you anywhere – Unknown
- Never lose sight of the fact that just being is fun – Katharine Hepburn
- A year from now you may wish you started today – Karen Lamb
- The best way to gain self-confidence is to do what your afraid to do – Unknown
- Happiness is the secrete to beauty; there is no beauty that is attractive without happiness – Christian Dior
That’s it for today, everyone, thanks for stopping by. I hope these quotes inspired and motivated you. See you here tomorrow for day 9 of FallTober.
Hey babes, welcome to day 6 of FallTober. Since we’re almost a full week into FallTober I thought I’d do a tag post. So today is the Fall tag post and I am tagging everyone who reads this to do it too.
- What signifies Fall for you? I feel like as soon as the weather starts to become foggy and dark.
- What is your favorite fall food? Mac N’ Cheese with Bacon
- Pumpkin pie or apple pie? Pumpkin.
- What type of music do you listen to in the fall time? I like listening to softer music like indie music. I’ll be putting up a fall playlist soon.
- Describe the feeling of fall rain in three words. Gloomy, cold, and refreshing.
- Which three things tell you that the fall season has begun? The crisp mourning air, Having to wear warmer clothes, and The leaves changing.
- If you could spend fall anywhere, where would it be? I have a few places I’d love to go to in the fall time, they are New York or Canada.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte or Apple Cider? Pumpkin Spice Latte! I know it’s super basic, I go pumpkin spice crazy during the fall time.
- What do you feel at the end of the fall season? I think it’s a bittersweet moment. I’m sad about it because it is my favorite season, but I’m also happy because this means Christmas and my birthday are right around the corner.
- Favorite fall nail color? I have a few colors, but if I had to pick one it would be Essie’s Chinchilly.
- Are you more energetic or more laid back in the fall time? I’m more energetic. The summer heat usually drains me and I feel super sluggish when its super hot, as the weather gets colder the more energetic I feel. Plus fall is my favorite season so of course, I get super excited.
- Do you prefer S’mores or Pumpkin Pie? S’mores
- Favorite lip color? I don’t have a specific lip color, I really love dark cranberry colors and medium to dark nudes.
- Do you have a fall Pinterest or a WeHeartit account? Yes, Pinterest and WeHeartIt.
- What are you fall plans for this season? Traveling, keeping up with FallTober, and just enjoying what the season offers.
- Sweaters or Scarves? Sweaters
- In the fall time do you love traveling or do you enjoy spending the season at home? I like doing a little bit of both. It’s the time of the year where you just want to cozy up on those rainy days, but it’s still the type of weather where you just want to be outside because it’s so nice.
- Halloween or Thanksgiving? Halloween
- Do enjoy the colder weather? Yes. I never really used to as a kid, but as I got older I’ve grown a new appreciation for the colder seasons.
- Fireplace or candlelight? Candlelight
- What is your favorite store in the fall time? Target.
- September, October, or November? I want to pick two, but if I really had to choose I would say November. I wanted to say October, but November is the month where it actually looks like fall where I live.
- What music do you listen to during the fall time? I like listening so softer music like indie music, soft rock, and sometimes country music.
- Do you enjoy the feeling of the cold air, or do you wrap up in a blanket? I really enjoy both at the same time. I love the feeling of being wrapped up in the blankets with all the windows open. It feels so refreshing.
- October or November? What’s your favorite fall months? October.
- The city or the woods? As beautiful as the woods are this time of the year, I’m 100% a city girl. I think the city has a special type of beauty during this time of the year.
- Silent nights or windy ones? What do you love more? I prefer silent nights.
- Would you spend an entire night in an actual haunted house? No. No, and nope.
- Do you enjoy the rain? Yes. I really like the rain, there’s something about it that is calming to me.
- Hot chocolate or apple cider? Hot chocolate.
- What are you favorite pumpkin-based food? I have so many, but I guess if I had to just pick one it would have to be pumpkin bread, which I’ll be posting the recipe soon along with other fall favorite recipes.
- In your opinion, which leaves have the best color for fall? I like the orange and the yellow, but if I had to pick one I would say the orange. When I think of fall I think of oranges and browns, and also yellows.
- Corn maze or haunted maze? Corn Maze.
- Favorite show to watch in the fall time? Stranger Things. I think this show is perfect to watch in the fall it has a creepy Halloween/fall vibe to it.
- Favorite fall tea flavors? In the fall time, I like to have apple cinnamon teas.
- What are things you like to keep in your room in the fall time? In the fall I love making my super cozy by having string lights up, always having my favorite fall candles lit, having extra blankets and pillows to snuggle up in.
- Favorite fall color? Burnt orange.
- Fairy lights or candles? How do you like to decorate for fall? I love decorating with both. To me, it doesn’t feel like fall without candles and fairy light.
- Favorite Halloween candy? M&M’s or anything with caramel in it.
- Where do you buy you Fall candles? I mainly get all my candles from Ross or Target, every once in a while I’ll buy them from Bath and body works.
Well, that’s all the questions now I challenge you to do and add one question that is your own. Thanks for stopping by and hope you having a great weekend, and I will see you tomorrow for day #7 of FallTober.
(Disclaimer, I do not claim any of these pictures I got them all from WeHeartIt)
Crisp cool air, darker days, and hues of orange fall is officially here. For those of us who are in love with Fall, I’ve come up with a guide on how to have the perfect Fall.
- Seasonal Coffee – Starting your mornings with the right cup of coffee changes everything. Now I know that not everyone likes pumpkin spice latte and I know Starbucks doesn’t make a vegan version of it. Find a seasonal spice coffee or tea that you love and start your day out with it, trust me starting your mornings right is a game changer for your whole day. I’m currently adding cinnamon vanilla creamer to my coffee and it has been everything. It smells like Christmas and tastes like the goodness of Fall and Christmas wrapped together.
- Set a Vibe – Setting a mood or a vibe is super important. Setting the vibe puts you in a flow with the mood. So setting the vibe means to put out your favorite fall candles, hang out some fairy lights, bring out the chunky sweaters, and decorate your space with Fall decor. After those things watch some Fall-related shows and movies while drinking your favorite fall drink and eating your favorite Fall pastry.
- Harry Potter – Ok so I know this one isn’t for everyone, but watching Harry Potter movies or reading the books just puts me in such a Fall mood. I try to at least read or listen to one Harry Potter book a year and I try to have a Harry Potter movie marathon every year.
- Baking – A Fall must do is bake your favorite treats. Turning on that oven and warming up your home with the smell of cinnamon buns or chocolate chips cookies is just such a mood.
- Fall Activities – Part of having a perfect Fall is taking part in the festivities. Creating memories with your family and friends is the way to make Fall perfect. Go apple and pumpkin picking, go to your towns Fall festival, and go get lost in a corn maze. I will be posting a “Things to do in the Fall list” soon make sure to keep an eye out for it.
- Morning or Evening walks – I personally love Fall mornings and I think the best way to really wake up is to breath in the cool crisp Fall morning air. Another way to make your Fall perfect is too just be in it and enjoy that moment. Taking morning or evening walks are the perfect way to just enjoy the moment and breath in that refreshing air.
That’s it for today’s post. I hope you’re enjoying FallTober, let me know what you think down in the comments. Also tell me what gets you in the mood for fall or what your Fall traditions are, let’s get to know each other.
(Disclaimer I do not claim any of these photos I got them all from WeHeartIt.com)
(This picture is taken from WeHeartIt.com)
Hello Fall and welcome all things Pumpkin Spiced. Fall is my favorite season, I’m ready for colder crisp air, fall fashion, and the start of the holiday seasons. I love Fall so much that I’ve come up with a segment I’ll be trying out this year called FallTober, which means I’ll be uploading one Fall related posts on this blog and on Instagram, and on Twitter every day from October 1st til Thanksgiving day. If all goes well *fingers crossed*, then I’ll be making it a yearly thing.
So I’m getting FallTober started listing all my favorite things about Fall and the things that give me that Fall feeling.
- Seasonal flavored coffees (I feel like this is an obvious number one answer)
- Fall Fashion – I LOVE Fall fashion! The big overcoats, the super cute boots, and the layering of clothes.
- Pumpkin flavored everything – I feel like this is such a basic answer, but its true. It’s another thing that just puts me into the Fall mood. I was actually never a big fan of pumpkins when I was a kid, But as I got older I started liking more and more and now it’s essential to my Fall season.
- The leaves changing color – I think this just looks so beautiful. It’s one of the things that just gets me into that inspirational fall feeling.
- The foggy and gloomy weather – I know that foggy weather can look or be depressing, but I feel like it wouldn’t feel like fall without it. It’s the type of weather that makes me want to snuggle up and binge watch Netflix or have a Harry Potter marathon while baking my favorite fall treats.
- Big Chunky Sweaters – This could probably just be put in the fall fashion category, but I feel like it needs its own mention. Fall is all about the cozy feeling and when I think of cozy I think of chunky sweater.
- Crisp morning air – Smelling and feeling the crisp fall air is such a mood booster.
- Fall scented candles – Another huge favorite of mine. Smells are such a powerful thing, it can bring back a memory or it can just make you feel a certain way. So burning your favorite fall scents can put you in the fall feeling.
- S’mores – I feel like I had to at least mention one sweet treat and I feel like S’mores, in my opinion, are the Fall treat.
- Getting cozy on the couch with loved ones
That’s my top ten favorite fall things that give me a Fall feeling. Comment down below and tell me what your favorite fall feels are I wanna know.
The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
We tend to have a need to have control over our lives, and if your anything like me you have to have control over everything and you hate feeling out of control. Unfortunately we don’t have control over the things that happen to us, but we do have control over how we respond to the situation. We tent to attach ourselves to the negative aspects of what happens to us. This could stem from how you were raised, this could stem from you seeing the reactions from the adults around you when you were growing up, or it could be the beliefs and ideas of the people you surround yourself with. This all really doesn’t matter you have no control over your childhood, but you definitely have control over what type of an adult you are. You have control over every decision you make and don’t make. We’re constantly making decisions everyday and every minute of the day. We make decisions on what type of foods we want to put in our bodies, we make decisions on how we see ourselves, how we treat ourselves, how we allow other people to treat us, etc. It all causes a chain reaction to what will happen later that day, later that week, later that year, or what happens a few years later.
We try so hard to control things that we’ll even cling on to anything that feels safe or familiar even if it’s bad for us or are keeping us from reaching our full potential. I’m not just talking about clinging on to material things and people, I’m also talking about clinging on to thoughts and ideas. If you’re attached to the idea that you hate your job so it doesn’t matter if you only put in half the effort, because you’re only there to collect a paycheck. But what you truly want is a job and a life that you jump out of bed giddy with disbelief that you get to go to a job that doesn’t feel like work because you love it so much. You have to take responsibility for your thoughts and actions. If you have to work a job you hate because it’s going to get you closer to your goals then do it and remember why your doing it. Remembering why your doing something that is going to get you closer to the type of life you want to live will hopefully change your perception on not wanting to do that task or that job. If it just then you need to rethink how back you want that goal, or why do you want that goal? Is it something you truly want or are you doing because someone else thinks you should and you want to make them proud.
The things that we can control are the most important things just like choosing to love ourselves. Also lean into the bad things or the “bad days” It doesn’t matter what happens if we approach it with an open mind we’ll learn a lesson from that situation and come out a better and stronger person for it. Now if you believe that your beliefs and ideas are right or you don’t think you have control over feeling negative, or you think your not being negative you just telling “the truth”, then your mind will stay closed and you won’t learn anything. By not learning from you situation or your mistakes you’ll keep repeating them over and over, then you’ll fall into the victim mentality of “why is this happening to me?”. I don’t know about you but I rather be the hero in my story then the victim aka the damsel in distress. So let go of the need to control things, situations, and even people, and take responsibility and control over your thoughts, beliefs, actions, and ideas.
Things you have control over.
- What you think about
- What you say to yourself
- What your thankful for
- How your interpret situations
- How you act on your feelings
- How much effort you put into something
- When you smile
- When you sleep
- Your physical fitness
- Your mental health
- Your body language
- How seriously you take life
- The people you allow in your life
- What you talk about
- How you take care of yourself
- How you take care of your things
- The kindness you give to the people around you
- Your perspective on the world
- What you make a priority in your life
- The things you choose to believe in
- How hard you try
- How personally you take something
That’s all I have for tonight. I hope you got a new perspective on what you have control over, if you didn’t know this already. So take control over your thoughts and actions, and don’t let anyone have control over your emotions. Only you have control over you.
We have to take care of ourselves before we can help anyone one else.
Practicing self-care is extremely important for our mental health and helps us recharge and take our lives head on. Practicing self care and self love are the most important things you can do.
Here are the things you can do
- Eat more foods that come from the Earth and not a lot of the processed foods.
- Wear clothes that you feel confident in.
- Find an exercise that you really enjoy so you don’t dread working out.
- Exfoliate your body.
- Come up with morning affirmations that you can tell yourself everyday.
- Put on a facial mask.
- Go on long walks with your dog.
- Reward yourself every time you do a difficult task.
- Call a friend.
- Binge watch your favorite shows.
- Adopt a new hobby.
- Donate clothes and items that you no longer want or use anymore to someone less fortunate.
- Make a To Do List every night for the next day. (Make sure you do the things you don’t want to do first that way the list gets easier as you check it off.)
- Take your make-up off every night.
- Accept yourself as you are. (The Good, The Ugly, The Beautiful, The Stinky, The Sexy, Etc.)
- Drink tea before you sleep.
- Forgive people who have wronged you in the past. (Not for them, but for you. It’s not healthy to hold on to negative feelings towards other people.)
- Listen to uplifting podcasts.
- Have a mini dance party everyday. (While you get ready for your day or while you fold laundry, or whenever you want.)
- Stretch every morning when you wake up.
- Start a journal. (Document your feels and/or experiences)
- Do your hair and make-up.
- Watch the sunset whenever you can.
- Do your laundry.
- Host a movie night for your friends and/or family.
- Start a habit that you’ve always wanted to pick up.
- Wash your face.
- Have a morning routine.
- Have a night routine.
- Allow yourself to dream big.
- Write a letter to yourself for a year from now telling yourself where your going to be .
- Drink water.
- Have a vision board collage somewhere you’ll be able to see it everyday.
- Meditate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Clean out your email box and unsubscribe to spam emails.
- Make sure you keep up to date with doctor appointments.
- Go to bed early.
- Start reading a book.
- Un-friend people that don’t make you feel good about yourself, or don’t act like a friend to you.
- Listen to upbeat or soft music when you wake up in the morning.
- Bake your favorite treat.
- Go to bed early.
- Read inspirational quotes.
- Say three or more things that your grateful for. (do it everyday)
- Open all the curtains and blinds when the suns out to let light in.
- Walk barefoot on the ground .(in the dirt, in the grass, in the sand) Any place where you feel grounded with Earth and Mother Nature.
- Make goals for yourself.
- Go for a walk on the beach. (if possible)
- Go for a bike ride.
- Pamper yourself.
- Meal plan every week.
- Go to the farmers market and buy fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Get or give yourself a manicure and a pedicure.
- Smile at strangers.
- Make your bed every morning.
- Go for a nature hike.
- Unplug from everything for at least an hour a day.
- Compliment someone even a stranger.
For the past four months I’ve struggled with what type of content I should post. If I’m being honest with you guys, in my mind I thought I have to have the perfect photos of me in cute outfits for the fashion post I want to start posting or the perfect photos for all my other posts that I have planned out. I had all of the content for spring planned out, but I felt like all of it wan’t good enough or it’s been over done and been done better then what I had come up with. I started to realize I’ve been doing the same thing with all of my social media platforms. I’ve had my instagram account for over a year, I had to make a new one because I forgot the password to my old one and I wanted all my social medias to have the same handle. Anyways I’ve this account for about a year now and I have profile picture, but I still haven’t posted one picture yet. I just never feel like the pictures I take are not as good as the photos of people with the perfect bodies, the perfect healthy meal, the perfect yoga pose, the perfect vacation, the perfect lifestyle, etc, etc. Now my OOTD selfie isn’t good enough. Same with Facebook and Twitter. How sad is that!
How did all of a sudden my ideas, my creativity, my life not become good enough to show and celebrate. I know deep down I don’t believe that, and I’m well aware that social media is just a highlight of peoples lives. Everyone has their bad days, their stressed days, their depressed days, their anxious days, etc. I just don’t know how I fell into that deep hole of perfection and comparison. So this is why I’m writing this post tonight. For everyone that feels the need to do things perfectly all the time and to the ones that take 150 selfies just in hopes that they will find one thats good enough to post online.
I’m not here to bash or hate on social media at all, I think its a great way to connect with our loved ones who live across the country or half way around the world, or to connect with complete strangers over things we have in common. I’m just here to say you can admire someones social media and even strive to get to where they are in their lives, just don’t get lost in the filtered parts of it all. We have control over what we choose to compare ourselves to and we have control over what we think of ourselves. We should never compare ourselves to anyone. We’re all on our own journey that are going in different ways and in different lanes. Comparing ourselves really has no purpose if we’re going after our goals and striving to live our best lives, while do the absolute best we can. Which this brings me to letting go of perfection.
Perfection is an unreal concept that we have come up with, and the funny thing is one persons perception of perfection isn’t necessarily the same as another persons. So why are we striving to be perfect? Is it to be liked and be accepted and praised by others? Yes 100% yes! But even when we do things perfectly its still not good enough for us. So let go of perfect and just do your best. Every time you do something whether it’s your work or a simple task ask yourself, “Is this the best I can do?” If the answer yes then you’ll be happy, but if the answer is no then just try again and actually do your best. When you do your best peoples opinions of you just won’t matter and you won’t feel the need to compare yourself to anyone else because you know deep down your doing your best and that’s all that really matters.
That’s all I have for tonight. I hope that reading this post helped at least one of you release a little of the weight off of your shoulders. talk to you guys tomorrow.
Hey Babes, I can’t believe June is almost over and half of the year has passed, but on the bright side its time for my monthly inspirational quotes post.
- Stop waiting for Friday, for Summer, for a boy to fall in love with you. Happiness is achieved when you stop waiting for it and make something of the moment you’re in right now.
- Find something that makes you happy and don’t let anyone take it away from you.
- What you do today can improve all your tomorrows.
- Anyone can give up. It’s the easiest thing in the world to do, but to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength.
- Travel as much as you can, as far as you can, as long as you can. Life’s not meant to be lived in one place.
- The comeback is always stronger than the setback.
- Your vibe attracts your tribe.
- All good things are wild and free.
- Our greatest weapon against stress is the ability to choose one thought over another.
- If you get tired, learn to rest not quit.
- There are so many people out there who will tell you that you can’t. What you’ve gotta do is turn around and say “Watch me”.
- Falling down is an accident, staying down is a choice.
- Never give up on a dream just because of the time it’ll take to accomplish it, the time will pass anyway.
- Salt water cures all wounds
- The only time you should ever look back is to see how far you’ve come
- There are secret opportunities hidden inside every failure.
- Sometimes when things are falling apart they actually may be falling into place.
- You are not what happened to you. You are what you choose to become.
- Sometimes I feel like giving up, but then I remember I have a lot of Motherfuckers to prove wrong.
Hey Babes, Summer is officially here! I’m so happy that the season of BBQ’s and beach bonfires is officially here. Every season I make a list of all the things I want to do for that season. I’ve noticed doing all the seasonal things makes me appreciate the seasons more. Feel free to add some of your favorite summer to do’s down in the comments.
So Summer 2018, let’s get it starter.
- Go on a Road-Trip
- Go to the Beach
- Have a Bonfire
- Go to a Barbecue
- Go to a Country Concert
- Go to the Drive-In Movie
- Go to another state (haven’t decided which one yet)
- Start my plant family
- Go to the Farmers Market
- Go up to the Lake
- Give the Balcony a Make Over
- Watch Fire Works
- Go to the Wine Walk they have in my town
- Make S‘mores
- Go for a bike ride
- Go to the State Fair
- Go Glamping
- Go to the local pool and have some drinks
- Go to Food Truck Friday that town holds
- Go to the Hot August Nights Events
- Attend a Comedy Show
- Go to one of the Pub Crawls
- Go to the Water Lantern Festival
- Take lots of pictures
- Put more work into my blog
- Find more things that inspire me
- Go restaurant patio hopping
- Morning out door yoga
These are the fun things I’m looking forward to for the next two months. What time of things are you babes planning? Comment down below and tell me what types of things your planning on this summer.