Dealing with a bad day let’s face it no matter how much progress we make, we still tend to have bad days now and again. Everyone experiences tough times, bumps in the road and depending who your surrounding yourself with it could also be an abundance of negativity. We have so much outside influences that it can be hard to stay positive or find your happiness.
I’ve come up with a list of things you can do when your having a bad day or just not feeling like yourself.
- PUT ON SOME SOFT MUSIC
- PUT ON THE COMFIEST CLOSTHES YOU HAVE
- EMBRACE THE DAY – Accept the fact that what happened today happened and how your feeling is just the way your feeling today. Accept them but don’t let them control the rest of the day.
- DO A FEW MINDLESS TASKS – Do some small chores that you’ve been meaning to do. This will make you feel accomplished and like you have some sense of control over the day.
- DO SOMETHING NICE FOR YOURSELF – Treat yourself to something you’ve been wanting like a new face mask, a candle, make up item, an article of clothing. Just some source of happiness for your day. You van also pamper yourself by doing your nails, putting on a face mask, or whatever way you like treating yourself.
- CALL A FRIEND
- BUY YOUR FAVORITE MEAL OR YOUR FAVORITE COMFORT FOOD
- BINGE WATCH YOUR FAVORITE SHOW OR MOVIES
- REMEMBER THE GOOD – Write down your gratitudes. Writing down what your thankful for pushes you to think about the positive and pushes the negative to the side.
- GET SOME AIR – Go for a walk or go for a drive whatever way allows you to be in the moment and just smell the air.
- WATCH BABY ANIMAL VIDEOS – This is the solution to every problem. There’s no way you can be sad or angry when watching a cute baby animal video on Instagram, Youtube, or Twitter.
- KNOW THAT NOTHING LASTS FOREVER
Remember it’s ok not to do or feel 100% all the time. It’s easy to open our social medias and see everyone’s perfect pictures of there perfect lives doing everything 110%. Just know that social media is just a highlight of someone’s life it’s not their entire life. Everyone’s got their moments, you can’t give a 100% in things without having time to recharge. Comment down below and tell me what you like to do when your having a bad day.
During the winter time we’re always looking for shows to binge through the winter time. I’ve put together a list of feel good shows that’ll get you through the winter and put a smile on your face.
- The Office
This is one that I have to binge watch once a year. It’s the perfect funny light hearted show that has a little bit of everything. I don’t know how many people would actually want Michael Scott as their boss, but he does always mean well and tries to put a smile on everyone’s face. You can binge watch this show on Netflix.
2. Brooklyn Nine Nine
This show has recently become a favorite of mine. Its a super funny light hearted cop comedy. Jake Peralta a carefree immature detective, but super talented that works at the 99th precinct along with other great detectives. You can binge watch this show on Hulu.
3. Bob’s Burgers
This is another favorite to binge watch. It’s an adult animated comedy. It’s about Bob Belcher and his wife Linda and their three kids Tina, Gene, and Louise Running Bob’s Burgers restaurant, but it mainly revolves around their crazy lives. You can binge watch this on Hulu.
I know this is an old one, but it’s a good one. I know most people have already binged watched this one probably more then once, but it’s definitely worth binge watching yearly. You can binge watch this oldie, but goodie on Netflix.
5. How I Met Your Mother
This show reminds me of Friends. It’s about Ted Mosbey telling his children the journey of how he met there mother. I know this sounds nothing like friends, but it is. Ted tells the story of when he lived in New York with four of his friends and the shenanigans they get into. It’s funny and light hearted, definitely worth binge watching at least once. You can watch this show on Netflix or Hulu.
These are my classic favorites that are sure to make you laugh. I know there are more shows feel good shows to put a smile on your face, but I just wanted to do the ones that I watch every year. I’ll make a post of the top comedy shows if anyone is interested. Comment below and tell me what your favorite feel good shows are.
Finding yourself is a journey of challenging yourself and making yourself feel uncomfortable so we can find our loves, likes, and dislikes. A journey to see what all we can do and be. In Jen Sincero’s word’s “I just want to see what I can get away with.”
I’m currently on the journey of finding myself. It’s been fun, challenging, and harder then I thought. A lot of things seem easier said then done. I’ve been reading a lot of books that have helped tremendously and have changed my whole perception on how I see myself and others. I’ve been using these things I’ve learned in my day to day life. Which everything that I’ve read, watched, and listened to all sums up to loving yourself. Love yourself, believe in yourself, and trust yourself and you’ll be happy and fulfilled. Sounds super corny right? That’s because it is, but it’s so true. If everyone loved themselves then no one would be taking their shit out on themselves, other people, or our animal friends. Loving yourself is one of those things that seems so easy, but yet it’s one of those things that we just don’t allow ourselves to do. For some of us it’s like we’re trying as hard as we can not to love ourselves because we don’t think we deserve it, or we need to punish ourselves for something we’ve done and we can’t forgive ourselves.
For everything I’ve read, watched, and listened too, they all tell you the basic things you have do to find yourself and love yourself. Some give you a couple of tools to use when you have a bad day, but what none of them tell you is that those tools won’t always work, and those bad days can sometimes turn into a bad week or a bad month, but I’ve learn that that’s ok. Life is suppose to be messy and a series of highs and lows. A big part of figuring out who you are is through the pain because with out it you wouldn’t know or appreciate the good.
If your on the journey to finding yourself and/or loving yourself know that it’s completely ok and normal to have more then one bad day, week, or month. It’s also completely ok to freak out every once in while. Feel the anger, sadness, and/or frustration, just make sure that your thinking of solutions to your situation too. It can be very easy to throw ourselves a pity party and make ourselves the victim. Once you go down that rabbit hole it’s hard to see the light in the tunnel. It’s easy to be negative, but having a negative mind doesn’t equal a positive life or the life you want. Happiness takes work, but it’s completely worth it.
I’ll be posting a how to find yourself blog post later this month, this was just some thoughts I felt like sharing with you.
We are now into the second week of 2018 and by now everyone is already has their goals for the year. I wanted to share my goals for the year with you and I’d love to hear what some of yours are, comment them down below and we can all share.
- Go to more festivals and concerts
- Read more books like, “You Are A Badass” by Jen Sincero
- Work on my writing and how I can improve it
- Become Vegan
- Learn how to communicate better
- Move into a house
- Start a YouTube channel
- Learn how to edit videos (Learn How to use final cut pro)
- Start running again
- Meditate (before I go to bed or right when I wake up)
- Spend more quality time with friends and family
- Be kinder to myself and believe more in myself stop being so self critical
I made my goals simple and more focused on myself because this year I want to work on bettering myself. I also want to be healthier mentally and physically. What’s your main goal?
I started to see these type of post a lot lately so I thought I’d share with you The type of things I’ve learned. I tried to make my different and not have the same answers that everyone has. If you like this post give it a like.
- Things are never as bad as they seem- We always make situations seem worse then what they really are in our heads. There’s no reason too. Next time you feel overwhelmed or your about to freak out just ask yourself, “Is this really going to matter five years from now?” Most likely not, so just breathe and you’ll get through it.
- Feel the fear and do it anyway- I love this quote. A lot of us have a fear of something, which is completely ok as long as we don’t allow it to control our lives. If there’s something you want to do, but your afraid because you could fail or your going to be judged for it, I say go for it. Tell the voices in your head that are telling you you’re not good enough, people are going to judge you, your going to fail, or whatever it may be to shut up and just dive into it head first. We regret the things we didn’t do over the things we did do. So feel the fear and do it anyway.
- Confidence is the sexiest thing- You’ve probably have heard this before. Knowing who you are and what you want is the sexiest thing. Insecurity tends to have a stench. I’m saying this metaphorically of course, but you can tell who has confidence by just the way then stand. They stand up straight with their head up and there presents just feels different. You also tend to respect the person with confidence over the person who is insecure and doesn’t respect themselves.
- You are always stronger then you think you are- They say if you want to make god laugh tell him your plans. Basically meaning things will never go as planned and sometimes things happen that will put you on your ass. I’ve learned that god and the universe never give you anything you can’t handle. Everything that happens to you is to build character and make you a stronger person.
- No one control your feels or thoughts- How people act towards you or what they say to you can’t effect you unless you allow it to. The most meanest comments are the ones that stick to us. People can only hurt us if we give them the power to. What we think of ourselves is the only thing that matters. So love yourself.
- The people you surround yourself with are the mirrors of what you think of yourself- Who we surround ourselves with are the people that have the same traits as we do. They can be traits we love about ourselves and they can be traits that we’re not so proud of. What we believe about ourselves is our reality, and since its our reality then that’s the type of energy we’ve going to attract. If you don’t think highly of yourself then your going to attract people that don’t think highly of you either or/and treat you like crap. I’m going to say it again love yourself because your life depends on it.
- Forgive- You have to forgive other people not for them, but for yourself. I’m sure you’ve heard this before, but it’s very true. Just because you forgive the person doesn’t mean you have to be close to them and be all buddy buddy, it just means you’ll release the weight you’re carrying. Carrying around anger and hatred are so heavy and its so toxic for you too.
- Forgive yourself- One of the keys to finding and loving yourself is to forgive yourself. We are our biggest critic and worst enemy. We need to learn how to forgive ourselves because we’ve made mistakes and it’s definitely not the first time and it certainly won’t be the last time either. We’re human and we make mistakes and the only way we learn and grow is by messing up. Forgive yourself.
- Always be the student- Never stop learning especially if its things you think you know. We can all learn a lot from people, animals, and ourselves. Thinking we know everything is the biggest disservice we can do to ourselves.
- Be kind to people you never know what people are going through- First I just want to say there’s no reason to be an asshole to people. I don’t care how insecure you feel about yourself, or how stressed you are, or how bad of a day your having, there’s no good reason for it. It might make you feel good for a second, but you need to look inside yourself and fix whatever you’ve got going. Now with that said whether its a stranger or so one you know you don’t know what that person is thinking or what kind of day their having, so be kind and smile at people.
- You are not better then anyone- People thinking their better then other people is my biggest pet peeve. I don’t care how you were raised, how much money you do or don’t have, or what type of education you do or don’t have. People might be better at certain things then other people, but that doesn’t mean that the other person doesn’t have other traits that the other person doesn’t. We’re all equal we just learned different things in our lives because we’ve taken different paths and that’s completely ok. The comment I’m starting to hear a lot lately that people are saying to win an argument and it just makes them sound so ignorant is, “I have a masters degree and you probably didn’t even graduate high school.” Yes you may have a college degree, but what college didn’t teach you is street smarts or how to not be an ignorant asshole. My point is no one is better then anyone
- What people say about you is none of your business- I know that’s kind of hard to understand, but what people say about you is either something they see in themselves they don’t like but they don’t want to admit it, or something there scared of becoming. It can also be pointing out something about you to their friends, so then the focus is on you and not them. What people say about you is none of your business because there just projecting their junk and insecurities on to you.
- Do you want to be happy or do you want to be right?- When I first heard this it was like I had a light turn on in my head and I thought “Oh wow it is that simple.” This applies for every conversation/argument you have. It’s like the saying,” pick your battles.” When you are mad at someone or you think you’re right and their wrong ask yourself, “Do I want to be right or do I want to be happy?” Being right doesn’t bring happiness.
- Do better then yesterday- This one helps me out a lot when I’m feeling down and not myself. If you had a bad or your behind in getting things done, all you have to think is today is going to better then yesterday, or today I did more things then yesterday.
- A negative mind set doesn’t result in a positive life- Thinking negative can be really easy and it can suck you in and not spit you out, especially if your feeling crappy about yourself and your life. Though it’s easy to be in that state of mind it’s not going to better your life and it’ll be harder and harder to see the positive. If you want good things to happen to you, then you have to think more positively about yourself and your life. Remember you are what you attract.
- There’s no such thing as normal or perfect- With everyone posting these perfectly curated pictures on social media it’s hard not to admire them or even feel some jealousy. Just remember those people have problems too. Their just pictures that have gone threw several editing apps and they had to stand a certain way to they look taller, skinnier, more muscle, or to have a bigger butt.
- The more you protect yourself, the more you end up hurting yourself- I used to be extremely guilty of this. I tend to be a very private person and I’ve had people hurt me in the past that made build a huge wall when it came to people. You should be a little cautious of people, if you don’t allow yourself to like, love, and have fun because your scared of what COULD happen then your not living.
- Make sure at the end of the day your happy-At the end of the day you’re going to bed with yourself, so make sure that you can sleep soundly with yourself.
- Trust your instincts- If something doesn’t feel like or you feel like you can’t trust someone but you can’t pin point it yet, that’s your instincts telling you don’t do it or don’t trust the person. As humans we’re the only species that ignore our gut feeling, which was designed to keep use safe. Animals trust theirs that’s how they stay safe, but for some reason we do everything we can to ignore our instincts.
- Not everyone is going to like you- This once fits the theme of everything I have learned, which is love yourself and don’t give one fuck about what people think about you. Not everyone’s going to like and if you put all your value on what people think of your just going to have a full blown identity crisis as soon as that person changes their mind.
Those are just some of the things I’ve learn in my 20’s. I have some more if you want a second one just tell me and I can write another one. If you have any lessons you want to share comment them below.
It’s January 2nd and by now you most likely have your goals planned or have an idea of what you want to accomplish this year. If you still haven’t planned what type of things you want from this year, or you know what you want to accomplish you just don’t know how to make it happen then just keep reading. I’ve put together steps to achieve your goals this year or get you closer to the life you’ve been dreaming of.
Setting goals is very important, it gives you a sense of direction, and it also keeps you focused and also motivated to increase your chances of achieving the things you really want in life. The goals you set for yourself need to be meaningful to you. They need to be the things that make you all warm and fuzzy inside, and make you happy to wake up in the morning and take on the day. The only way your going to stay motivated is if you really want them, not what your family thinks you should do, or what you think you should be doing because everyone is telling you to do it or be it.
So once you figure out some plans for the year you need to know how you’re going to make them happen. First you need to have a notebook or a piece of paper to write them down. A notebook would be a better idea because that way you can plan everything out. I’ll talk more about that a little later. Writing your goals down gets them out of your head and allows you to see it in front of you. So now its not just an idea its a plan.
Now that you have your goals written down in a notebook the next page is going to be planning out what things you need to do to achieve the goals. You have to plan out in detail step by step of the everyday things you have to do. So for example if you want to start a blog, you need to research a platforms, which is just another term for server site you want to use. You have to do research on the pricing and also how good the platform is. You don’t want a server site that crashes all the time, and do they provide site protection. You also have to come up with a domain name and what you want your blog to be about. You also have to do research on the domain name make sure no one else is using it and if it matches with what your blog is about. You should write all those little detailed steps down when your planning your goals. It’s also a good idea if you write the steps in a check list form. This way when you look at it everyday you can corporate one to two things into your daily or weekly schedule.
Now that you have a plan written down its time to take action and do it. If you have days where you can’t find motivation to do it, you need to know that ACTION=MOTIVATION. Sometimes you won’t find the motivation to do things and that’s ok, but if you keep taking action you’ll become motivated when you start seeing changes. You have to be patience things don’t happen over night. Everything that’s worth doing takes patience and hard work. If you need more inspiration print out and post around your house pictures of the things your working towards, they can be material things or it can be pictures of places you want to visit or move to, it can even be a picture of a car your working towards or the type of house you want to buy. It’s a little unconventional, but I’m telling it really does work.
The last thing you should do is write a letter to yourself. Write a letter to open on December 31st, 2018. Write a letter saying what type of person your going to be in December and the goals that you’ve accomplished this year. Take this letter and keep it on your night stand or in your purse, or somewhere your going to see it everyday.
I hope some of these tips helped you plan out your year. comment below if you have any tips that help you plan and stay motivated.
Happy New Year! It’s finally 2018 and we’ve make it through another year. I have big plans this year for my blog. This month I’m starting 31 days to a new you, where I will be posting things to improve your life. I’ll be posting things like how to find yourself, how to deal with anxiety, and how get inspired and motivated.
I’m very excited for this year big this are coming and I’m extremely excited to share them with you. I’ll be posting another post later today since I didn’t post anything yesterday.