I just wanted to write a short update on why I didn’t have a post up yesterday and I won’t have one up until Friday. I know I said I’d be posting every day for FallTober, but yesterday I woke extremely sick and in a lot of pain I’m feeling a little better today, but not 100%. So for missing these 3 days, I will be posting 3 extra posts soon. I feel like I owe you all that much. Thank you so much for taking your time and reading this and I will see you on Friday.
Hey babes, welcome back to FallTober on my blog. Today is day 8, wow I can’t believe it has been a week already. There’s still so much content that will be going up till Thanksgiving day. Today I’m bringing back a favorite, which is my monthly inspirational quotes.
- Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results – Willie Nelson
- We are all born beautiful. The greatest tragedy is being convinced that we are not – Rupi Kaur
- People are not born brave or strong but it’s their decision to survive and stand up to no matter what throws them down is what makes them real heroes – Unknown
- You only know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice – Bob Marley
- Most important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all – Dale Carnegie
- Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together – Marilyn Monroe
- It doesn’t what others are doing it matters what your doing – Unknown
- Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Falling in love with yourself first doesn’t make you vain or selfish, it makes you indestructible – Unknown
- If your not making mistakes, then your not making decisions – Catherine Cook
- No matter what the situation is, remind yourself “I have a choice” – Deepak Chopra
- Worrying is like a rocking chair: it gives you something to do, but it doesn’t get you anywhere – Unknown
- Never lose sight of the fact that just being is fun – Katharine Hepburn
- A year from now you may wish you started today – Karen Lamb
- The best way to gain self-confidence is to do what your afraid to do – Unknown
- Happiness is the secrete to beauty; there is no beauty that is attractive without happiness – Christian Dior
That’s it for today, everyone, thanks for stopping by. I hope these quotes inspired and motivated you. See you here tomorrow for day 9 of FallTober.
Leaves changing color and the air getting chiller is a sign that we’re getting farther into fall. For those of you wondering what you can do I’ve come up with an all things Fall list.
- Light up Fall scented candles
- Practice self-care
- Decorate your space/home for Fall
- Bake cookies
- Collect colorful leaves for a DIY project
- Get Lost in a corn maze
- Make s’mores
- Go on a bike ride
- Go to a Tailgate party
- Watch a Fall Tv Show
- Bake pumpkin bread
- Go on a scenic walk with your dog
- Bake a Pumpkin Pie
- Celebrate Halloween
- Buy cozy sweaters
- Change up your look
- Go apple picking
- Roast pumpkin seeds
- Make a Fall playlist
- Go to the farmers market
- Drink a Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Play touch football
- Participate in a charity run
- Carve pumpkins
- Make a big batch of chili
- Get cozy and cuddle up on a rainy day
- DIY a Halloween costume
- Watch scary movies
- Go to an Oktoberfest celebration near you
- Try a new Fall fashion trend
- Give out candy to the Trick or Treaters
- Have a bonfire with friends
- Host a Thanksgiving dinner
- Redecorate your entire space
- Take pictures of the leaves changing
- Air BnB a cozy cabin
- Collect pinecones to decorate your space with
- Have a Harry Potter marathon
- DIY Fall wreath
- Learn how to knit
- Go to a Football game
- Go on a Hayride
- Clean out your closet to make room for you Fall stuff
- Try something new
- Volunteer at the soup kitchen
- Attend a Fall festival
- Collect canned good for your local food bank
- Make apple cider
- Make a fort
- Tell ghost stories
- Make at home Fall drinks
- Go to a pumpkin patch
- Go on a nature hike
- Go camping
- Buy cinnamon scented candles
- Host a Halloween party
- Take Fall photos
- Eat candy corn
- Go to the drive-in movies
- Have a Fall-themed scavenger hunter
- Drink coffee at a Café
- Curl up next to the fire
- Host a murder mystery party
- Camp in your backyard with your kids
- Have a family game night
- Decorate for Halloween
- Start a Fall blog
- Make your favorite Fall meal
- Rake leaves
- Say what you’re Thankful for
- Go to a haunted house
That’s it for today’s post thank you for reading FallTobers post #7. Let me know down below if you’ve done any of these things yet. See you tomorrow for FallTober day 8.
(Disclaimer: I do not claim any of these pictures, I got them all from WeHeartIt.com)
Hey babes, welcome to day 6 of FallTober. Since we’re almost a full week into FallTober I thought I’d do a tag post. So today is the Fall tag post and I am tagging everyone who reads this to do it too.
- What signifies Fall for you? I feel like as soon as the weather starts to become foggy and dark.
- What is your favorite fall food? Mac N’ Cheese with Bacon
- Pumpkin pie or apple pie? Pumpkin.
- What type of music do you listen to in the fall time? I like listening to softer music like indie music. I’ll be putting up a fall playlist soon.
- Describe the feeling of fall rain in three words. Gloomy, cold, and refreshing.
- Which three things tell you that the fall season has begun? The crisp mourning air, Having to wear warmer clothes, and The leaves changing.
- If you could spend fall anywhere, where would it be? I have a few places I’d love to go to in the fall time, they are New York or Canada.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte or Apple Cider? Pumpkin Spice Latte! I know it’s super basic, I go pumpkin spice crazy during the fall time.
- What do you feel at the end of the fall season? I think it’s a bittersweet moment. I’m sad about it because it is my favorite season, but I’m also happy because this means Christmas and my birthday are right around the corner.
- Favorite fall nail color? I have a few colors, but if I had to pick one it would be Essie’s Chinchilly.
- Are you more energetic or more laid back in the fall time? I’m more energetic. The summer heat usually drains me and I feel super sluggish when its super hot, as the weather gets colder the more energetic I feel. Plus fall is my favorite season so of course, I get super excited.
- Do you prefer S’mores or Pumpkin Pie? S’mores
- Favorite lip color? I don’t have a specific lip color, I really love dark cranberry colors and medium to dark nudes.
- Do you have a fall Pinterest or a WeHeartit account? Yes, Pinterest and WeHeartIt.
- What are you fall plans for this season? Traveling, keeping up with FallTober, and just enjoying what the season offers.
- Sweaters or Scarves? Sweaters
- In the fall time do you love traveling or do you enjoy spending the season at home? I like doing a little bit of both. It’s the time of the year where you just want to cozy up on those rainy days, but it’s still the type of weather where you just want to be outside because it’s so nice.
- Halloween or Thanksgiving? Halloween
- Do enjoy the colder weather? Yes. I never really used to as a kid, but as I got older I’ve grown a new appreciation for the colder seasons.
- Fireplace or candlelight? Candlelight
- What is your favorite store in the fall time? Target.
- September, October, or November? I want to pick two, but if I really had to choose I would say November. I wanted to say October, but November is the month where it actually looks like fall where I live.
- What music do you listen to during the fall time? I like listening so softer music like indie music, soft rock, and sometimes country music.
- Do you enjoy the feeling of the cold air, or do you wrap up in a blanket? I really enjoy both at the same time. I love the feeling of being wrapped up in the blankets with all the windows open. It feels so refreshing.
- October or November? What’s your favorite fall months? October.
- The city or the woods? As beautiful as the woods are this time of the year, I’m 100% a city girl. I think the city has a special type of beauty during this time of the year.
- Silent nights or windy ones? What do you love more? I prefer silent nights.
- Would you spend an entire night in an actual haunted house? No. No, and nope.
- Do you enjoy the rain? Yes. I really like the rain, there’s something about it that is calming to me.
- Hot chocolate or apple cider? Hot chocolate.
- What are you favorite pumpkin-based food? I have so many, but I guess if I had to just pick one it would have to be pumpkin bread, which I’ll be posting the recipe soon along with other fall favorite recipes.
- In your opinion, which leaves have the best color for fall? I like the orange and the yellow, but if I had to pick one I would say the orange. When I think of fall I think of oranges and browns, and also yellows.
- Corn maze or haunted maze? Corn Maze.
- Favorite show to watch in the fall time? Stranger Things. I think this show is perfect to watch in the fall it has a creepy Halloween/fall vibe to it.
- Favorite fall tea flavors? In the fall time, I like to have apple cinnamon teas.
- What are things you like to keep in your room in the fall time? In the fall I love making my super cozy by having string lights up, always having my favorite fall candles lit, having extra blankets and pillows to snuggle up in.
- Favorite fall color? Burnt orange.
- Fairy lights or candles? How do you like to decorate for fall? I love decorating with both. To me, it doesn’t feel like fall without candles and fairy light.
- Favorite Halloween candy? M&M’s or anything with caramel in it.
- Where do you buy you Fall candles? I mainly get all my candles from Ross or Target, every once in a while I’ll buy them from Bath and body works.
Well, that’s all the questions now I challenge you to do and add one question that is your own. Thanks for stopping by and hope you having a great weekend, and I will see you tomorrow for day #7 of FallTober.
(Disclaimer, I do not claim any of these pictures I got them all from WeHeartIt)
It’s that time of the season where it’s I write down and release my bucket lists. This time I’ll be changing it up a little. I’ll be posting my list today and every time I check something off I will be making a blog post about it. I feel like if I do it this way it’ll make it more fun and you’ll get to know me a little better.
FALL BUCKETLIST 2018
- Make a pumpkin loaf
- Decorate the apartment for fall (go all out, not just a few pumpkins)
- Go to my towns Fall festival
- Go to the drive-in movies
- Go to my towns Oktoberfest
- Go to a local football game
- Make a Fall wreath for the front door
- Binge buy my favorite Fall scented candles
- Go through my Summer clothes and donate what I no longer want or use
- Put together a large jigsaw
- Try a new seasonal coffee flavor
- Have a Harry Potter weekend marathon
- Go for morning walks and take in the crisp Fall air
- Roast marshmallows on a bonfire
- Go to a pumpkin patch
- Bake rice Krispie treats
- Go glamping
- Have a 90’s scary movie night
- Take a scenic drive
- Knit something (like a scarf or thigh-high reading socks)
- Get lost in a corn maze
- Make Chili
- Make leaf and pumpkins shaped cookies
- Watch the sunset
- Go Apple Picking ( If there is an orchard near me )
Well, that’s my bucket list for this Fall. Let me know down below what’s on your bucket list for this Fall. Thanks for reading another FallTober post and I will be here tomorrow.
As you know my favorite thing about fall is the fashion. There are so many options when it comes to staple looks for the season. I just love the layered look and all the options for accessorizing. This is also the time of the year where fashion bloggers, stores, and magazines show you what’s new and all the “must-have” pieces of the season, which can be super overwhelming. You really don’t need to spend a bunch of money on new trends because they’ll be gone within a season or two. You should invest in classic pieces. Today I want to share with you what I think are wardrobe essentials for Fall that you should consider investing in.
- LEATHER JACKET
The leather jacket gives off biker vibes, which is my favorite edgy look. It has been and will always be a classic, but they can be pricey depending on where you buy it and whether your buying faux leather or real leather. First jacket Nordstrom $150.00 (Faux Leather), the second Forever21 $42.00 (Faux Leather), and the third Abercrombie $280.00 (Real Leather).
Flannels, in my opinion, remind me of Fall and to me will always be a Fall classic. They can also add warmth to those early still warm fall days. The first one American Eagle $32.00, the second Abercrombie $58.00, and the third one Target $25.00.
I personally think that flats are great for any season. They do look super cute with leggings or skinny jeans. I believe you can dress them up or you can also dress them down. The first is Charlotte Russe $13.99, the second is H&M $27.99, and the third one TopShop $24.00.
Overcoats have become my new obsession. I personally think that they add style to whatever your wearing. I also think their so 80’s and I feel like those looks are coming back. The first one is Lulus $98.00, the second is Abercrombie $132.00, and the third is H&M $59.99.
The must-have staple shoes for Fall are boots. since they’re so many different styles I just picked the three basic go to’s. I will be making must-have shoes for Fall post later on, and I’ll get more into the different boots and other shoes. The first one is Nordstrom $197.95, the second is Kohl $$49.99, the third is Nordstrom $150.00.
Well, that’s my Top 5 Wardrobe Essentials for Fall. Let me know if you love any of these or what you think should be on this list. Thanks for reading FallTober post day four. See you tomorrow!
Crisp cool air, darker days, and hues of orange fall is officially here. For those of us who are in love with Fall, I’ve come up with a guide on how to have the perfect Fall.
- Seasonal Coffee – Starting your mornings with the right cup of coffee changes everything. Now I know that not everyone likes pumpkin spice latte and I know Starbucks doesn’t make a vegan version of it. Find a seasonal spice coffee or tea that you love and start your day out with it, trust me starting your mornings right is a game changer for your whole day. I’m currently adding cinnamon vanilla creamer to my coffee and it has been everything. It smells like Christmas and tastes like the goodness of Fall and Christmas wrapped together.
- Set a Vibe – Setting a mood or a vibe is super important. Setting the vibe puts you in a flow with the mood. So setting the vibe means to put out your favorite fall candles, hang out some fairy lights, bring out the chunky sweaters, and decorate your space with Fall decor. After those things watch some Fall-related shows and movies while drinking your favorite fall drink and eating your favorite Fall pastry.
- Harry Potter – Ok so I know this one isn’t for everyone, but watching Harry Potter movies or reading the books just puts me in such a Fall mood. I try to at least read or listen to one Harry Potter book a year and I try to have a Harry Potter movie marathon every year.
- Baking – A Fall must do is bake your favorite treats. Turning on that oven and warming up your home with the smell of cinnamon buns or chocolate chips cookies is just such a mood.
- Fall Activities – Part of having a perfect Fall is taking part in the festivities. Creating memories with your family and friends is the way to make Fall perfect. Go apple and pumpkin picking, go to your towns Fall festival, and go get lost in a corn maze. I will be posting a “Things to do in the Fall list” soon make sure to keep an eye out for it.
- Morning or Evening walks – I personally love Fall mornings and I think the best way to really wake up is to breath in the cool crisp Fall morning air. Another way to make your Fall perfect is too just be in it and enjoy that moment. Taking morning or evening walks are the perfect way to just enjoy the moment and breath in that refreshing air.
That’s it for today’s post. I hope you’re enjoying FallTober, let me know what you think down in the comments. Also tell me what gets you in the mood for fall or what your Fall traditions are, let’s get to know each other.
(Disclaimer I do not claim any of these photos I got them all from WeHeartIt.com)
One of the things I love about Fall is the fashion trends, I love layering up and throwing on a super cute pair of booties. Today I want to talk about my favorite new/old Fall trends.
- OVERCOAT JACKETS
Overcoats are something I discovered last Fall and I fell in love with them. They add a little more style to whatever outfit you wear.
- LEATHER JACKETS
Leather Jackets will always be a classic Fall staple. It adds an edge to your look, which I personally think always looks stylish.
- ANIMAL PRINT
I really like that animal prints are back in. Adding animal prints to your outfit gives it a pop.
This is my favorite next to street style. I love being able to look cute and comfortable at the same time.
- CHUNKY SWEATERS
Do I really need to say why this is a favorite? Chunky sweaters are the staple of all things Fall. They not only feel warm and cozy, but they look cozy and stylish.
Well, that’s my top 5 favorite Fall fashion trends. Let me know what your favorite trends are down below. Thanks for reading FallTober post #2, and come back tomorrow for another Fall post.
(Disclaimer: I don’t claim any of these pictures I got them all from Pinterest)
(This picture is taken from WeHeartIt.com)
Hello Fall and welcome all things Pumpkin Spiced. Fall is my favorite season, I’m ready for colder crisp air, fall fashion, and the start of the holiday seasons. I love Fall so much that I’ve come up with a segment I’ll be trying out this year called FallTober, which means I’ll be uploading one Fall related posts on this blog and on Instagram, and on Twitter every day from October 1st til Thanksgiving day. If all goes well *fingers crossed*, then I’ll be making it a yearly thing.
So I’m getting FallTober started listing all my favorite things about Fall and the things that give me that Fall feeling.
- Seasonal flavored coffees (I feel like this is an obvious number one answer)
- Fall Fashion – I LOVE Fall fashion! The big overcoats, the super cute boots, and the layering of clothes.
- Pumpkin flavored everything – I feel like this is such a basic answer, but its true. It’s another thing that just puts me into the Fall mood. I was actually never a big fan of pumpkins when I was a kid, But as I got older I started liking more and more and now it’s essential to my Fall season.
- The leaves changing color – I think this just looks so beautiful. It’s one of the things that just gets me into that inspirational fall feeling.
- The foggy and gloomy weather – I know that foggy weather can look or be depressing, but I feel like it wouldn’t feel like fall without it. It’s the type of weather that makes me want to snuggle up and binge watch Netflix or have a Harry Potter marathon while baking my favorite fall treats.
- Big Chunky Sweaters – This could probably just be put in the fall fashion category, but I feel like it needs its own mention. Fall is all about the cozy feeling and when I think of cozy I think of chunky sweater.
- Crisp morning air – Smelling and feeling the crisp fall air is such a mood booster.
- Fall scented candles – Another huge favorite of mine. Smells are such a powerful thing, it can bring back a memory or it can just make you feel a certain way. So burning your favorite fall scents can put you in the fall feeling.
- S’mores – I feel like I had to at least mention one sweet treat and I feel like S’mores, in my opinion, are the Fall treat.
- Getting cozy on the couch with loved ones
That’s my top ten favorite fall things that give me a Fall feeling. Comment down below and tell me what your favorite fall feels are I wanna know.
The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
We tend to have a need to have control over our lives, and if your anything like me you have to have control over everything and you hate feeling out of control. Unfortunately we don’t have control over the things that happen to us, but we do have control over how we respond to the situation. We tent to attach ourselves to the negative aspects of what happens to us. This could stem from how you were raised, this could stem from you seeing the reactions from the adults around you when you were growing up, or it could be the beliefs and ideas of the people you surround yourself with. This all really doesn’t matter you have no control over your childhood, but you definitely have control over what type of an adult you are. You have control over every decision you make and don’t make. We’re constantly making decisions everyday and every minute of the day. We make decisions on what type of foods we want to put in our bodies, we make decisions on how we see ourselves, how we treat ourselves, how we allow other people to treat us, etc. It all causes a chain reaction to what will happen later that day, later that week, later that year, or what happens a few years later.
We try so hard to control things that we’ll even cling on to anything that feels safe or familiar even if it’s bad for us or are keeping us from reaching our full potential. I’m not just talking about clinging on to material things and people, I’m also talking about clinging on to thoughts and ideas. If you’re attached to the idea that you hate your job so it doesn’t matter if you only put in half the effort, because you’re only there to collect a paycheck. But what you truly want is a job and a life that you jump out of bed giddy with disbelief that you get to go to a job that doesn’t feel like work because you love it so much. You have to take responsibility for your thoughts and actions. If you have to work a job you hate because it’s going to get you closer to your goals then do it and remember why your doing it. Remembering why your doing something that is going to get you closer to the type of life you want to live will hopefully change your perception on not wanting to do that task or that job. If it just then you need to rethink how back you want that goal, or why do you want that goal? Is it something you truly want or are you doing because someone else thinks you should and you want to make them proud.
The things that we can control are the most important things just like choosing to love ourselves. Also lean into the bad things or the “bad days” It doesn’t matter what happens if we approach it with an open mind we’ll learn a lesson from that situation and come out a better and stronger person for it. Now if you believe that your beliefs and ideas are right or you don’t think you have control over feeling negative, or you think your not being negative you just telling “the truth”, then your mind will stay closed and you won’t learn anything. By not learning from you situation or your mistakes you’ll keep repeating them over and over, then you’ll fall into the victim mentality of “why is this happening to me?”. I don’t know about you but I rather be the hero in my story then the victim aka the damsel in distress. So let go of the need to control things, situations, and even people, and take responsibility and control over your thoughts, beliefs, actions, and ideas.
Things you have control over.
- What you think about
- What you say to yourself
- What your thankful for
- How your interpret situations
- How you act on your feelings
- How much effort you put into something
- When you smile
- When you sleep
- Your physical fitness
- Your mental health
- Your body language
- How seriously you take life
- The people you allow in your life
- What you talk about
- How you take care of yourself
- How you take care of your things
- The kindness you give to the people around you
- Your perspective on the world
- What you make a priority in your life
- The things you choose to believe in
- How hard you try
- How personally you take something
That’s all I have for tonight. I hope you got a new perspective on what you have control over, if you didn’t know this already. So take control over your thoughts and actions, and don’t let anyone have control over your emotions. Only you have control over you.
We have to take care of ourselves before we can help anyone one else.
Practicing self-care is extremely important for our mental health and helps us recharge and take our lives head on. Practicing self care and self love are the most important things you can do.
Here are the things you can do
- Eat more foods that come from the Earth and not a lot of the processed foods.
- Wear clothes that you feel confident in.
- Find an exercise that you really enjoy so you don’t dread working out.
- Exfoliate your body.
- Come up with morning affirmations that you can tell yourself everyday.
- Put on a facial mask.
- Go on long walks with your dog.
- Reward yourself every time you do a difficult task.
- Call a friend.
- Binge watch your favorite shows.
- Adopt a new hobby.
- Donate clothes and items that you no longer want or use anymore to someone less fortunate.
- Make a To Do List every night for the next day. (Make sure you do the things you don’t want to do first that way the list gets easier as you check it off.)
- Take your make-up off every night.
- Accept yourself as you are. (The Good, The Ugly, The Beautiful, The Stinky, The Sexy, Etc.)
- Drink tea before you sleep.
- Forgive people who have wronged you in the past. (Not for them, but for you. It’s not healthy to hold on to negative feelings towards other people.)
- Listen to uplifting podcasts.
- Have a mini dance party everyday. (While you get ready for your day or while you fold laundry, or whenever you want.)
- Stretch every morning when you wake up.
- Start a journal. (Document your feels and/or experiences)
- Do your hair and make-up.
- Watch the sunset whenever you can.
- Do your laundry.
- Host a movie night for your friends and/or family.
- Start a habit that you’ve always wanted to pick up.
- Wash your face.
- Have a morning routine.
- Have a night routine.
- Allow yourself to dream big.
- Write a letter to yourself for a year from now telling yourself where your going to be .
- Drink water.
- Have a vision board collage somewhere you’ll be able to see it everyday.
- Meditate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Clean out your email box and unsubscribe to spam emails.
- Make sure you keep up to date with doctor appointments.
- Go to bed early.
- Start reading a book.
- Un-friend people that don’t make you feel good about yourself, or don’t act like a friend to you.
- Listen to upbeat or soft music when you wake up in the morning.
- Bake your favorite treat.
- Go to bed early.
- Read inspirational quotes.
- Say three or more things that your grateful for. (do it everyday)
- Open all the curtains and blinds when the suns out to let light in.
- Walk barefoot on the ground .(in the dirt, in the grass, in the sand) Any place where you feel grounded with Earth and Mother Nature.
- Make goals for yourself.
- Go for a walk on the beach. (if possible)
- Go for a bike ride.
- Pamper yourself.
- Meal plan every week.
- Go to the farmers market and buy fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Get or give yourself a manicure and a pedicure.
- Smile at strangers.
- Make your bed every morning.
- Go for a nature hike.
- Unplug from everything for at least an hour a day.
- Compliment someone even a stranger.
For the past four months I’ve struggled with what type of content I should post. If I’m being honest with you guys, in my mind I thought I have to have the perfect photos of me in cute outfits for the fashion post I want to start posting or the perfect photos for all my other posts that I have planned out. I had all of the content for spring planned out, but I felt like all of it wan’t good enough or it’s been over done and been done better then what I had come up with. I started to realize I’ve been doing the same thing with all of my social media platforms. I’ve had my instagram account for over a year, I had to make a new one because I forgot the password to my old one and I wanted all my social medias to have the same handle. Anyways I’ve this account for about a year now and I have profile picture, but I still haven’t posted one picture yet. I just never feel like the pictures I take are not as good as the photos of people with the perfect bodies, the perfect healthy meal, the perfect yoga pose, the perfect vacation, the perfect lifestyle, etc, etc. Now my OOTD selfie isn’t good enough. Same with Facebook and Twitter. How sad is that!
How did all of a sudden my ideas, my creativity, my life not become good enough to show and celebrate. I know deep down I don’t believe that, and I’m well aware that social media is just a highlight of peoples lives. Everyone has their bad days, their stressed days, their depressed days, their anxious days, etc. I just don’t know how I fell into that deep hole of perfection and comparison. So this is why I’m writing this post tonight. For everyone that feels the need to do things perfectly all the time and to the ones that take 150 selfies just in hopes that they will find one thats good enough to post online.
I’m not here to bash or hate on social media at all, I think its a great way to connect with our loved ones who live across the country or half way around the world, or to connect with complete strangers over things we have in common. I’m just here to say you can admire someones social media and even strive to get to where they are in their lives, just don’t get lost in the filtered parts of it all. We have control over what we choose to compare ourselves to and we have control over what we think of ourselves. We should never compare ourselves to anyone. We’re all on our own journey that are going in different ways and in different lanes. Comparing ourselves really has no purpose if we’re going after our goals and striving to live our best lives, while do the absolute best we can. Which this brings me to letting go of perfection.
Perfection is an unreal concept that we have come up with, and the funny thing is one persons perception of perfection isn’t necessarily the same as another persons. So why are we striving to be perfect? Is it to be liked and be accepted and praised by others? Yes 100% yes! But even when we do things perfectly its still not good enough for us. So let go of perfect and just do your best. Every time you do something whether it’s your work or a simple task ask yourself, “Is this the best I can do?” If the answer yes then you’ll be happy, but if the answer is no then just try again and actually do your best. When you do your best peoples opinions of you just won’t matter and you won’t feel the need to compare yourself to anyone else because you know deep down your doing your best and that’s all that really matters.
That’s all I have for tonight. I hope that reading this post helped at least one of you release a little of the weight off of your shoulders. talk to you guys tomorrow.
Hey Babes, I can’t believe June is almost over and half of the year has passed, but on the bright side its time for my monthly inspirational quotes post.
- Stop waiting for Friday, for Summer, for a boy to fall in love with you. Happiness is achieved when you stop waiting for it and make something of the moment you’re in right now.
- Find something that makes you happy and don’t let anyone take it away from you.
- What you do today can improve all your tomorrows.
- Anyone can give up. It’s the easiest thing in the world to do, but to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength.
- Travel as much as you can, as far as you can, as long as you can. Life’s not meant to be lived in one place.
- The comeback is always stronger than the setback.
- Your vibe attracts your tribe.
- All good things are wild and free.
- Our greatest weapon against stress is the ability to choose one thought over another.
- If you get tired, learn to rest not quit.
- There are so many people out there who will tell you that you can’t. What you’ve gotta do is turn around and say “Watch me”.
- Falling down is an accident, staying down is a choice.
- Never give up on a dream just because of the time it’ll take to accomplish it, the time will pass anyway.
- Salt water cures all wounds
- The only time you should ever look back is to see how far you’ve come
- There are secret opportunities hidden inside every failure.
- Sometimes when things are falling apart they actually may be falling into place.
- You are not what happened to you. You are what you choose to become.
- Sometimes I feel like giving up, but then I remember I have a lot of Motherfuckers to prove wrong.
Hey Babes, Summer is officially here! I’m so happy that the season of BBQ’s and beach bonfires is officially here. Every season I make a list of all the things I want to do for that season. I’ve noticed doing all the seasonal things makes me appreciate the seasons more. Feel free to add some of your favorite summer to do’s down in the comments.
So Summer 2018, let’s get it starter.
- Go on a Road-Trip
- Go to the Beach
- Have a Bonfire
- Go to a Barbecue
- Go to a Country Concert
- Go to the Drive-In Movie
- Go to another state (haven’t decided which one yet)
- Start my plant family
- Go to the Farmers Market
- Go up to the Lake
- Give the Balcony a Make Over
- Watch Fire Works
- Go to the Wine Walk they have in my town
- Make S‘mores
- Go for a bike ride
- Go to the State Fair
- Go Glamping
- Go to the local pool and have some drinks
- Go to Food Truck Friday that town holds
- Go to the Hot August Nights Events
- Attend a Comedy Show
- Go to one of the Pub Crawls
- Go to the Water Lantern Festival
- Take lots of pictures
- Put more work into my blog
- Find more things that inspire me
- Go restaurant patio hopping
- Morning out door yoga
These are the fun things I’m looking forward to for the next two months. What time of things are you babes planning? Comment down below and tell me what types of things your planning on this summer.
Hello Gorgeous, Happy Friday! I can’t believe we’re half way through March already! This post is coming extremely late, but I want to make sure I post these every month. Reading inspirational quotes can change your mood or your out look on something, It’s definitely a mood booster and we should read them everyday, and especially if we’re in a negative state of mind.
- People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Life is like a camera, you focus on what’s important, capture the good times, develop from the negative, and if things don’t work out take another shot.
- Everyday may not be good, but there is something good in everyday.
- Not till we are lost… do we begin to find ourselves.
- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.
- You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think, and loved more than you know.
- Happiness isn’t about getting what you want all the time. It’s about loving what you have and being grateful for it.
- You are responsible for what you say and what you do. You are not responsible for whether or not people freak out about it.
- Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be.
- You decide how much words hurt you. Nothing grows until it’s fed.
- If the plan doesn’t work, change the plan. Never the goal.
- Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and think of what could go right.
- Be the leading character in your story.
- Just do your best.
- Invest in yourself.
- A bad attitude is like a flat tire, you can’t get very far until you change it
- What other people think of you has nothing to do with you and everything to do with them.
- We rise by lifting others.
Hey Gorgeous, if you haven’t noticed yet I love making lists. I make lists about everything and anything, it helps me stay organized and it also helps me remember things. So I’m sure you can guess what this post will be. It’s my Spring Bucket list! Every season I like having a mini list of the seasonal things I like doing at that time of the season.
- Redecorate the patio (add plants and string lights, new chairs, etc)
- Start a mini herb and flower garden
- watch the sun rise
- Go on a hike
- Make some Spring DIY’s
- Go out to brunch more often
- Read “Sacred Powers” by Davidji
- Go to the Farmers Market
- Do Yoga everyday instead of twice a week
- Learn how to make vegan baked goods
- Add more plants to the apartment
- Spring Clean the apartment
- Redecorate and Reorganize my office/beauty room
- Redecorate the master bedroom
- Post more fashion and DIY’s posts up
Hello Gorgeous, Spring is here and the Spring cleaning fever has hit me. It’s time to break out the rags, the cleaning products, and the donation boxes. I’ve created the ultimate Spring Cleaning list to get us started.
FRONT DOOR/ENTRY WAY
- Sweep in front of the door
- Wipe down or replace the door mat
- Clean the cob webs outside the front door
- wipe down the front door
- Organize shoes and coats
- Empty everything out
- Dust/Wipe down the shelves
- Clean the walls
- Clean the baseboards and the trim
- Go through all the things you took out and donate the unused and unwanted items
- Dust all the electronics
- Dust the mantel
- Clean the fire place/chimney
- Steam clean the sofas and chairs
- Wash the couch covers (if they are removable or if you have slip covers)
- Wash the pillow covers
- Dust the vents, baseboard, and light fixtures
- Wash the curtains
- Clean the windows and glass slider
- Dust the blinds
- Shake out the area rugs and vacuum them
- Dust the furniture
- Wipe down all the décor and wall art
- Wash all the throws and blankets
- Wash the pet bed
- Wipe down the baseboards
- Check the smoke detector
- Dust/Wipe down the furniture
- Polish any silver
- Clean any crystals
- Wash the curtains
- Clean the windows
- dust the blinds
- Shake out and vacuum the rugs
- Wipe down the baseboards
- Wash all the dishes
- Put away all the dishes
- Organize the cabinets
- Organize all the drawers
- Throw away all expired foods (in fridge, freezer, and pantry)
- Clear out and Clean out the fridge and the freezer
- Wipe down and disinfect the interior and exterior of the fridge and freezer
- Organize the pantry
- Scrub the inside of the microwave
- Wipe down the backsplash
- Wipe down the counter tops
- clean the stovetop and the oven
- Empty the trash
- Wipe down all the appliances
- Dust the tops of the cabinets
- Scrub and disinfect the sink
- Clean the garbage disposal with ice and lemon wedges
- Wash out the garbage can
- Wipe down the counters and the sink
- Clean the mirrors
- Clean out the cabinets and drawers
- Wipe/Clean the faucet
- Clean the drains
- Clean and scrub the toilet
- Scrub the shower/tub
- Spray mold cleaner on the shower walls
- Wash the shower curtains and bath mats
- Take out the trash
- Wash out the trash can
- Wipe down the cabinets
- Wipe a disinfectant cloth on the counter tops and inside the cabinets
- Throw out all expired and unwanted toiletries
- Swap out the tooth brushes
- Dust all the vents
- Dust the light fixtures and the baseboards
- Dust the tops of the dressers/ headboards
- Wash the curtains
- Dust the blinds
- Clean the windows
- Shake out and vacuum the area rugs
- Dust and wipe down all the knick knacks
- Wash all the bedding and blankets
- Wash the pillow covers
- Flip and rotate the mattress
- Check the smoke detectors
- Take everything out of the closets to go through it all
- Dust all the shelves
- Organize all the items
- File all important documents
- Shred any papers your not keeping that has any type of your information on it
- Backup and/or delete old files in your computer
- Organize cabinets/drawers
- Refill office supplies
- Dust the desk top and the furniture
- Dust the electronics
- Run a cleaning cycle on the washer
- Clean out the dryer vent and duct
- Wipe down the exterior of the washer and dryer
- Reorganize/Discard old cleaning supplies
- Sweep out the floors and clean up any oil spills
- Clean out the vehicles
- Put away/Organize tools
- Organize sporting equipment/toys
- Organize seasonal décor into bins
EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE HOUSE
- Change the air filter
- Change the batteries in the smoke detectors
- Polish the wood floors
- Steam clean the carpets
- Change burned out light bulbs
- Dust the ceiling fan
- Dust the corners of the ceiling for dust and cobb webs
- Dust all picture frames
- Dust and wipe down all the doors
- De Clutter all junk drawers
Hello Gorgeous, today is the first day of spring, which means HELLO SPRING cleaning! Starting today till the last day of spring I’ll be posting spring cleaning, spring DIY’s, spring fashion, and anything to give your life a mini make over. We can transition from our cozy areas we’ve been hibernating for winter into the bright colorful warm spring days together.
So the first step to welcoming spring is to declutter. I’ve made the perfect list to help you declutter and I’ve also come up with questions to ask yourself in case you can’t seem to get rid things you should.
Questions to help you declutter:
- Is this item something I use regularly?
- Is this item something I love?
- Am I keeping this item out of obligation or expectation?
- Am I holding on to this item because I think I should love it?
- Am I saving this item “just in case”?
- Am I holding onto a broken item to fix one day?
- Is this item worth the time I spend cleaning it and storing it?
- Could I use this space for something else?
The De-Clutter List:
- Chipped plates/glasses
- Unused/old cookbooks
- Broken appliances
- Expired foods (from fridge and pantry)
- Plastic ware with no lids
- Unused/Broken appliances
- Mismatced Tupperware and lids
- Old rags
- Damaged pots and pans
- Expired spices
- Unused bottles and sippy cups
- Unnecessary gadgets
- Snacks your dog doesn’t eat
- Matches you never use
- Old/Expired make-up
- Expired sunscreen
- Expired medicine
- Old hair ties
- Old towels and bath mats
- Dried up nail polish
- Old toiletries
- Old toothbrushes
- Old air fresheners
- Empty/Low bags left from cotton balls, toilet paper, cotton pads
- Empty the bathroom bin
- Broken hair dryer/straightner/curling iron
BEDROOM & CLOSET
- Unworn clothes
- Old/Broken jewelry
- Earring without a match
- Old shoe boxes
- Unused purses
- Worn-out sheets and bedding
- Old pillows
- Socks with holes in them
- Gloves that don’t have a pair
- Socks that don’t have a pair
- Old/Unworn T-shirts
- Shoes you don’t wear
- Scarves you never wear
- Promotional/Freebie T-shirts you never wear
- The dress you bought that you know you’ll never wear again
- Clothing you think its coming back into fashion
- Anything you haven’t worn in the past 18 to 24 months
- Clothes that don’t fit
- Old broken hangers
- Extra buttons
- Stained/Damaged clothing that can’t be cleaned or repaired
- Unused purses
- Dried up flowers
- Unused tea light candles
- Old/Ruined drink coasters
- Unused/Chipped vases
- Furniture manual
- Unused electronics
BASEMENT & GARAGE
- Unused decor
- Old paint
- Old/Unused sports equipment
- Broken tools
- Old outside tools
- Unused holiday/seasonal items
- Damaged/Unused rugs
- Broken Christmas decorations
- Broken power tools
- Magazines (SHRED ADDRESS LABEL)
- Old address labels (SHRED)
- Old receipts (SHRED)
- Dried up pens and markers
- Old notebooks
- Unknown keys
- Outdated software
- Old school papers
- Outdated/Unused/Broken electronics
- Old warranty manuals
- Instruction manuals to thing you no longer have
- Broken/Unused toys
- Games with lost pieces
- Dried markers
- Broken crayons
- Old coloring books
- Unwatched dvds
- Outgrown clothes
- Unloved stuffed animals
- Old detergents
- Old batteries
- Unused craft supplies
- Old news papers
- Expired coupons
- Torn cleaning rags
- Toys you pet doesn’t play with/Distroyed
- Take out menus you never look at
- Extra shoe laces
- Old cell phones
- Old/Damaged/Unused cell phone cases
- Old Emails
- Old mail (SHRED)
- Unread books
- Anything you just don’t like
- Old computers
- Anything you have duplicates of
- Bad/Blurred pictures
*This picture is from pinterest*
Hey Gorgeous, today’s posts are all about affirmations. I know most people think that affirmations are corny, but I do believe they really work. It might feel like your lying to yourself when you first start saying them, but when you start telling them to yourself everyday the more true they start becoming. It’s good to say them is the morning in the mirror and through out the day, especially when your feeling nervous or worried about something.
I made a list of some morning affirmations to get you up, out, and get started with your day.
- I will be fearless today
- I love who I see in the mirror
- I will be a better person today
- I am loved
- I am strong
- Today is full of possibilities
- Today, I will learn and grow
- I have an abundance of energy
- I am beautiful
- Whatever challenges come my way, I can overcome them
- I ignore negativity around me or that comes towards me
- The sunrise fills me with confidence
- I’m getting stronger everyday
- I’ve decided that I am good enough
- No one can make me feel inferior
- I am grateful for this day
- I am wealthy
- I am full of love to give
- I love myself deeply and unconditionally
- My success is inevitable
- My heart is filled with gratitude for all that I and all that is yet to come
- I am full of potential for greatness
- Everything in my life is working out for my highest good
- I have all that I need to make this day great
- I am calm, patient and I greet the day with ease
- Peace starts with me
- I am surrounded by people who love me
- I choose to be happy today
- I have faith in myself
You don’t have to say all of these every morning, but I suggest picking the one that made you feel something, those are the ones that will work. If you have any affirmations you want to share comment them down below.
Hello Gorgeous, I’ve decided that each month I’m going to write ten to fifteen inspirational and motivational quotes to keep you inspired through each month. If you want me to start writing them in themes let me know in the comment section.
- Inhale confidence, exhale doubt.
- There is no shortcuts to any place worth going.
- What we fear doing most is usually what we need to do the most.
- If your alive, there’s a purpose for your life.
- Take responsibility for the energy you bring.
- When something bad happens you have three choices. You can let it define you. You can let it destroy you, or you can let it strengthen you.
- A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
- Someone will always be prettier. Someone will always be smarter. Someone will always be younger, but they will never be you.
- You might not always think it or agree with it, but you are exactly where you need to be at this moment.
- If you can’t be bothered to write your own story, don’t complain about the way it plays out.
- Just let go. Let go of how you thought your life should be, and embrace the life that is trying to work its way into your consciousness.
- Anything is possible if you have the nerve.
Dealing with a bad day let’s face it no matter how much progress we make, we still tend to have bad days now and again. Everyone experiences tough times, bumps in the road and depending who your surrounding yourself with it could also be an abundance of negativity. We have so much outside influences that it can be hard to stay positive or find your happiness.
I’ve come up with a list of things you can do when your having a bad day or just not feeling like yourself.
- PUT ON SOME SOFT MUSIC
- PUT ON THE COMFIEST CLOSTHES YOU HAVE
- EMBRACE THE DAY – Accept the fact that what happened today happened and how your feeling is just the way your feeling today. Accept them but don’t let them control the rest of the day.
- DO A FEW MINDLESS TASKS – Do some small chores that you’ve been meaning to do. This will make you feel accomplished and like you have some sense of control over the day.
- DO SOMETHING NICE FOR YOURSELF – Treat yourself to something you’ve been wanting like a new face mask, a candle, make up item, an article of clothing. Just some source of happiness for your day. You van also pamper yourself by doing your nails, putting on a face mask, or whatever way you like treating yourself.
- CALL A FRIEND
- BUY YOUR FAVORITE MEAL OR YOUR FAVORITE COMFORT FOOD
- BINGE WATCH YOUR FAVORITE SHOW OR MOVIES
- REMEMBER THE GOOD – Write down your gratitudes. Writing down what your thankful for pushes you to think about the positive and pushes the negative to the side.
- GET SOME AIR – Go for a walk or go for a drive whatever way allows you to be in the moment and just smell the air.
- WATCH BABY ANIMAL VIDEOS – This is the solution to every problem. There’s no way you can be sad or angry when watching a cute baby animal video on Instagram, Youtube, or Twitter.
- KNOW THAT NOTHING LASTS FOREVER
Remember it’s ok not to do or feel 100% all the time. It’s easy to open our social medias and see everyone’s perfect pictures of there perfect lives doing everything 110%. Just know that social media is just a highlight of someone’s life it’s not their entire life. Everyone’s got their moments, you can’t give a 100% in things without having time to recharge. Comment down below and tell me what you like to do when your having a bad day.
During the winter time we’re always looking for shows to binge through the winter time. I’ve put together a list of feel good shows that’ll get you through the winter and put a smile on your face.
- The Office
This is one that I have to binge watch once a year. It’s the perfect funny light hearted show that has a little bit of everything. I don’t know how many people would actually want Michael Scott as their boss, but he does always mean well and tries to put a smile on everyone’s face. You can binge watch this show on Netflix.
2. Brooklyn Nine Nine
This show has recently become a favorite of mine. Its a super funny light hearted cop comedy. Jake Peralta a carefree immature detective, but super talented that works at the 99th precinct along with other great detectives. You can binge watch this show on Hulu.
3. Bob’s Burgers
This is another favorite to binge watch. It’s an adult animated comedy. It’s about Bob Belcher and his wife Linda and their three kids Tina, Gene, and Louise Running Bob’s Burgers restaurant, but it mainly revolves around their crazy lives. You can binge watch this on Hulu.
I know this is an old one, but it’s a good one. I know most people have already binged watched this one probably more then once, but it’s definitely worth binge watching yearly. You can binge watch this oldie, but goodie on Netflix.
5. How I Met Your Mother
This show reminds me of Friends. It’s about Ted Mosbey telling his children the journey of how he met there mother. I know this sounds nothing like friends, but it is. Ted tells the story of when he lived in New York with four of his friends and the shenanigans they get into. It’s funny and light hearted, definitely worth binge watching at least once. You can watch this show on Netflix or Hulu.
These are my classic favorites that are sure to make you laugh. I know there are more shows feel good shows to put a smile on your face, but I just wanted to do the ones that I watch every year. I’ll make a post of the top comedy shows if anyone is interested. Comment below and tell me what your favorite feel good shows are.
Finding yourself is a journey of challenging yourself and making yourself feel uncomfortable so we can find our loves, likes, and dislikes. A journey to see what all we can do and be. In Jen Sincero’s word’s “I just want to see what I can get away with.”
I’m currently on the journey of finding myself. It’s been fun, challenging, and harder then I thought. A lot of things seem easier said then done. I’ve been reading a lot of books that have helped tremendously and have changed my whole perception on how I see myself and others. I’ve been using these things I’ve learned in my day to day life. Which everything that I’ve read, watched, and listened to all sums up to loving yourself. Love yourself, believe in yourself, and trust yourself and you’ll be happy and fulfilled. Sounds super corny right? That’s because it is, but it’s so true. If everyone loved themselves then no one would be taking their shit out on themselves, other people, or our animal friends. Loving yourself is one of those things that seems so easy, but yet it’s one of those things that we just don’t allow ourselves to do. For some of us it’s like we’re trying as hard as we can not to love ourselves because we don’t think we deserve it, or we need to punish ourselves for something we’ve done and we can’t forgive ourselves.
For everything I’ve read, watched, and listened too, they all tell you the basic things you have do to find yourself and love yourself. Some give you a couple of tools to use when you have a bad day, but what none of them tell you is that those tools won’t always work, and those bad days can sometimes turn into a bad week or a bad month, but I’ve learn that that’s ok. Life is suppose to be messy and a series of highs and lows. A big part of figuring out who you are is through the pain because with out it you wouldn’t know or appreciate the good.
If your on the journey to finding yourself and/or loving yourself know that it’s completely ok and normal to have more then one bad day, week, or month. It’s also completely ok to freak out every once in while. Feel the anger, sadness, and/or frustration, just make sure that your thinking of solutions to your situation too. It can be very easy to throw ourselves a pity party and make ourselves the victim. Once you go down that rabbit hole it’s hard to see the light in the tunnel. It’s easy to be negative, but having a negative mind doesn’t equal a positive life or the life you want. Happiness takes work, but it’s completely worth it.
I’ll be posting a how to find yourself blog post later this month, this was just some thoughts I felt like sharing with you.
We are now into the second week of 2018 and by now everyone is already has their goals for the year. I wanted to share my goals for the year with you and I’d love to hear what some of yours are, comment them down below and we can all share.
- Go to more festivals and concerts
- Read more books like, “You Are A Badass” by Jen Sincero
- Work on my writing and how I can improve it
- Become Vegan
- Learn how to communicate better
- Move into a house
- Start a YouTube channel
- Learn how to edit videos (Learn How to use final cut pro)
- Start running again
- Meditate (before I go to bed or right when I wake up)
- Spend more quality time with friends and family
- Be kinder to myself and believe more in myself stop being so self critical
I made my goals simple and more focused on myself because this year I want to work on bettering myself. I also want to be healthier mentally and physically. What’s your main goal?
I started to see these type of post a lot lately so I thought I’d share with you The type of things I’ve learned. I tried to make my different and not have the same answers that everyone has. If you like this post give it a like.
- Things are never as bad as they seem- We always make situations seem worse then what they really are in our heads. There’s no reason too. Next time you feel overwhelmed or your about to freak out just ask yourself, “Is this really going to matter five years from now?” Most likely not, so just breathe and you’ll get through it.
- Feel the fear and do it anyway- I love this quote. A lot of us have a fear of something, which is completely ok as long as we don’t allow it to control our lives. If there’s something you want to do, but your afraid because you could fail or your going to be judged for it, I say go for it. Tell the voices in your head that are telling you you’re not good enough, people are going to judge you, your going to fail, or whatever it may be to shut up and just dive into it head first. We regret the things we didn’t do over the things we did do. So feel the fear and do it anyway.
- Confidence is the sexiest thing- You’ve probably have heard this before. Knowing who you are and what you want is the sexiest thing. Insecurity tends to have a stench. I’m saying this metaphorically of course, but you can tell who has confidence by just the way then stand. They stand up straight with their head up and there presents just feels different. You also tend to respect the person with confidence over the person who is insecure and doesn’t respect themselves.
- You are always stronger then you think you are- They say if you want to make god laugh tell him your plans. Basically meaning things will never go as planned and sometimes things happen that will put you on your ass. I’ve learned that god and the universe never give you anything you can’t handle. Everything that happens to you is to build character and make you a stronger person.
- No one control your feels or thoughts- How people act towards you or what they say to you can’t effect you unless you allow it to. The most meanest comments are the ones that stick to us. People can only hurt us if we give them the power to. What we think of ourselves is the only thing that matters. So love yourself.
- The people you surround yourself with are the mirrors of what you think of yourself- Who we surround ourselves with are the people that have the same traits as we do. They can be traits we love about ourselves and they can be traits that we’re not so proud of. What we believe about ourselves is our reality, and since its our reality then that’s the type of energy we’ve going to attract. If you don’t think highly of yourself then your going to attract people that don’t think highly of you either or/and treat you like crap. I’m going to say it again love yourself because your life depends on it.
- Forgive- You have to forgive other people not for them, but for yourself. I’m sure you’ve heard this before, but it’s very true. Just because you forgive the person doesn’t mean you have to be close to them and be all buddy buddy, it just means you’ll release the weight you’re carrying. Carrying around anger and hatred are so heavy and its so toxic for you too.
- Forgive yourself- One of the keys to finding and loving yourself is to forgive yourself. We are our biggest critic and worst enemy. We need to learn how to forgive ourselves because we’ve made mistakes and it’s definitely not the first time and it certainly won’t be the last time either. We’re human and we make mistakes and the only way we learn and grow is by messing up. Forgive yourself.
- Always be the student- Never stop learning especially if its things you think you know. We can all learn a lot from people, animals, and ourselves. Thinking we know everything is the biggest disservice we can do to ourselves.
- Be kind to people you never know what people are going through- First I just want to say there’s no reason to be an asshole to people. I don’t care how insecure you feel about yourself, or how stressed you are, or how bad of a day your having, there’s no good reason for it. It might make you feel good for a second, but you need to look inside yourself and fix whatever you’ve got going. Now with that said whether its a stranger or so one you know you don’t know what that person is thinking or what kind of day their having, so be kind and smile at people.
- You are not better then anyone- People thinking their better then other people is my biggest pet peeve. I don’t care how you were raised, how much money you do or don’t have, or what type of education you do or don’t have. People might be better at certain things then other people, but that doesn’t mean that the other person doesn’t have other traits that the other person doesn’t. We’re all equal we just learned different things in our lives because we’ve taken different paths and that’s completely ok. The comment I’m starting to hear a lot lately that people are saying to win an argument and it just makes them sound so ignorant is, “I have a masters degree and you probably didn’t even graduate high school.” Yes you may have a college degree, but what college didn’t teach you is street smarts or how to not be an ignorant asshole. My point is no one is better then anyone
- What people say about you is none of your business- I know that’s kind of hard to understand, but what people say about you is either something they see in themselves they don’t like but they don’t want to admit it, or something there scared of becoming. It can also be pointing out something about you to their friends, so then the focus is on you and not them. What people say about you is none of your business because there just projecting their junk and insecurities on to you.
- Do you want to be happy or do you want to be right?- When I first heard this it was like I had a light turn on in my head and I thought “Oh wow it is that simple.” This applies for every conversation/argument you have. It’s like the saying,” pick your battles.” When you are mad at someone or you think you’re right and their wrong ask yourself, “Do I want to be right or do I want to be happy?” Being right doesn’t bring happiness.
- Do better then yesterday- This one helps me out a lot when I’m feeling down and not myself. If you had a bad or your behind in getting things done, all you have to think is today is going to better then yesterday, or today I did more things then yesterday.
- A negative mind set doesn’t result in a positive life- Thinking negative can be really easy and it can suck you in and not spit you out, especially if your feeling crappy about yourself and your life. Though it’s easy to be in that state of mind it’s not going to better your life and it’ll be harder and harder to see the positive. If you want good things to happen to you, then you have to think more positively about yourself and your life. Remember you are what you attract.
- There’s no such thing as normal or perfect- With everyone posting these perfectly curated pictures on social media it’s hard not to admire them or even feel some jealousy. Just remember those people have problems too. Their just pictures that have gone threw several editing apps and they had to stand a certain way to they look taller, skinnier, more muscle, or to have a bigger butt.
- The more you protect yourself, the more you end up hurting yourself- I used to be extremely guilty of this. I tend to be a very private person and I’ve had people hurt me in the past that made build a huge wall when it came to people. You should be a little cautious of people, if you don’t allow yourself to like, love, and have fun because your scared of what COULD happen then your not living.
- Make sure at the end of the day your happy-At the end of the day you’re going to bed with yourself, so make sure that you can sleep soundly with yourself.
- Trust your instincts- If something doesn’t feel like or you feel like you can’t trust someone but you can’t pin point it yet, that’s your instincts telling you don’t do it or don’t trust the person. As humans we’re the only species that ignore our gut feeling, which was designed to keep use safe. Animals trust theirs that’s how they stay safe, but for some reason we do everything we can to ignore our instincts.
- Not everyone is going to like you- This once fits the theme of everything I have learned, which is love yourself and don’t give one fuck about what people think about you. Not everyone’s going to like and if you put all your value on what people think of your just going to have a full blown identity crisis as soon as that person changes their mind.
Those are just some of the things I’ve learn in my 20’s. I have some more if you want a second one just tell me and I can write another one. If you have any lessons you want to share comment them below.
It’s January 2nd and by now you most likely have your goals planned or have an idea of what you want to accomplish this year. If you still haven’t planned what type of things you want from this year, or you know what you want to accomplish you just don’t know how to make it happen then just keep reading. I’ve put together steps to achieve your goals this year or get you closer to the life you’ve been dreaming of.
Setting goals is very important, it gives you a sense of direction, and it also keeps you focused and also motivated to increase your chances of achieving the things you really want in life. The goals you set for yourself need to be meaningful to you. They need to be the things that make you all warm and fuzzy inside, and make you happy to wake up in the morning and take on the day. The only way your going to stay motivated is if you really want them, not what your family thinks you should do, or what you think you should be doing because everyone is telling you to do it or be it.
So once you figure out some plans for the year you need to know how you’re going to make them happen. First you need to have a notebook or a piece of paper to write them down. A notebook would be a better idea because that way you can plan everything out. I’ll talk more about that a little later. Writing your goals down gets them out of your head and allows you to see it in front of you. So now its not just an idea its a plan.
Now that you have your goals written down in a notebook the next page is going to be planning out what things you need to do to achieve the goals. You have to plan out in detail step by step of the everyday things you have to do. So for example if you want to start a blog, you need to research a platforms, which is just another term for server site you want to use. You have to do research on the pricing and also how good the platform is. You don’t want a server site that crashes all the time, and do they provide site protection. You also have to come up with a domain name and what you want your blog to be about. You also have to do research on the domain name make sure no one else is using it and if it matches with what your blog is about. You should write all those little detailed steps down when your planning your goals. It’s also a good idea if you write the steps in a check list form. This way when you look at it everyday you can corporate one to two things into your daily or weekly schedule.
Now that you have a plan written down its time to take action and do it. If you have days where you can’t find motivation to do it, you need to know that ACTION=MOTIVATION. Sometimes you won’t find the motivation to do things and that’s ok, but if you keep taking action you’ll become motivated when you start seeing changes. You have to be patience things don’t happen over night. Everything that’s worth doing takes patience and hard work. If you need more inspiration print out and post around your house pictures of the things your working towards, they can be material things or it can be pictures of places you want to visit or move to, it can even be a picture of a car your working towards or the type of house you want to buy. It’s a little unconventional, but I’m telling it really does work.
The last thing you should do is write a letter to yourself. Write a letter to open on December 31st, 2018. Write a letter saying what type of person your going to be in December and the goals that you’ve accomplished this year. Take this letter and keep it on your night stand or in your purse, or somewhere your going to see it everyday.
I hope some of these tips helped you plan out your year. comment below if you have any tips that help you plan and stay motivated.
Happy New Year! It’s finally 2018 and we’ve make it through another year. I have big plans this year for my blog. This month I’m starting 31 days to a new you, where I will be posting things to improve your life. I’ll be posting things like how to find yourself, how to deal with anxiety, and how get inspired and motivated.
I’m very excited for this year big this are coming and I’m extremely excited to share them with you. I’ll be posting another post later today since I didn’t post anything yesterday.
After the busyness that Christmas and New Years brings. We start winding down in January. As the New Year begins so does the Winter time. If your anything like me you hate being cold and all you want to do is stay under the covers until winter is over. This can feel super depressing and it can lead to depression.
I’ve created a list of things you can do to get threw the winter. These tips work for everyone. Whether you have seasonal affectiveness disorder or your just trying to fight the cabin fever feeling because its to cold to go outside.
The first thing on my list is Get Outside. Now I know your trying to fight the winter and stay warm, but by going outside and getting fresh air is good for you. Even if your going outside just for 5 minutes it helps your mood. I suggest going for a walk either around your neighborhood or downtown. Go explore some new shops or if there’s a coffee shop by your house take a walk there. You should try doing this with in the first two hours of waking up. This will wake you up and put you in a better mood, and this will give you the strength to take on the day.
Two. Music and Tv. This one is an important one. You have to pay attention to the type of music your listening to, and what type of tv shows your watching. The type of music your listening to can have a huge effect on your mood same with tv shows. During the winter time I suggest you listen to lighter and more up beat music especially if your already feeling down. This applies to tv shows as well.
Three. Make Plans. Whether your going to school or you work try to make plans for the weekend or on your days off. Stay social as much as possible. Going out with a friend or a family member is a perfect way to unwind and talk about your week or what you may be going threw.
Four. Day Light and Vitamin D. This one can be hard. If you live in a place where you down get much sun light or any at all during the winter, then I suggest buying a sun lamp. Getting sunlight for a least ten minutes a day is good for your health and mood. So if you can when you wake in the morning even if the sun isn’t out yet open up all your curtains and blinds and let the light in. I also suggest taking vitamin D tablets.
Five. Stay Active. This one is so important. Whether you go for a run outside, go to a gym, or YouTube a yoga video to do in your living room, it all counts. I know excersing is one of the last things you want to be doing when its freezing and ugly outside, but you’ll feel a lot better, and if you keep at it you might just have a six pack by the time summer comes around.
Six. Cozy Environment. Making a comfortable place for yourself, whether its just a room in your house or your whole house. You should make a room that you feel comfortable in. Somewhere to just relax even if it’s just for ten minutes.
Seven. Get a new hobby. Trying something new. Think of something you’ve been wanting to do for a while now, you either haven’t found the time to do it, or you’ve been waiting for the right time to do it. Well now is the time!
Eight. Keep a set sleep schedule. Sleep is a crucial part of your mental health. Sleep helps reduce stress, it can lower blood pressure, puts you in a better mood, and it improves your memory.
Nine. Plan a vacation. Going on a get away or planning a stay-cation can be the perfect thing you need. Making future plans for something gives you something to look forward to. Something to think and plan while your trying to stay cozy during the cold winter days.
Ten. Make a book or/and movie list. Make a list of all the books and/or movies you plan on reading and/or watching.
Eleven. Projects. Start a project. Start something that is going to take some time to finish. You should do a closet purge, spring clean a room or your whole house, Organize or reorganize a place in your house, you can also rearrange or remodel a room.
Twelve. Talk it throw. If your feeling the winter blues you should really talk to someone. If you don’t have a anyone to talk to or you don’t think anyone you know would understand, please seek professional help. Depression is a real and serious issue. There’s numbers you can also call.
As Christmas is right around the corner, the winter air is getting colder and colder. Depending on where you live it can be very hard to bundle up and still look cute on your day to day routine. So I’ve put some looks together that’ll make you look good and feel cozy.
This first look can is very versatile, it can go from day to night. It’s casual but the jacket and the purse give it that little extra something, that dresses it up. This outfit id great for going out and getting drinks or just going out and running errands.
-Jeans are from American Eagle on sale for $37
-Textured oversized mock neck sweater from zaful.com on sale for $23
-Studded leather jacket from withchic.com on sale for $53
-Chunky buckle booties from charlotte russe on sale for $20
-Studded tassel cross body bag from riverisland.com on sale for $44
The second look is one of my favorites. A big over coat is perfect for the winter time. This look is also super versatile. The cami dresses up the V-neck sweater by being able to see a little lace from the cami pop out of the V-neck.
-Tall salt and pepper cacoon coat from Topshop.com on sale for $87
-Pullover mitt V-Ausschnitt from HM.com on sale for $20
-Satin top lace from HM.com on sale for $25
-High rise super skinny jeans from Abercrombie.com on sale for $44
-Kendal-10 round toe stiletto booties from Trafficshoe.com on sale for $34
-Desein padlock satchel from Ebags.com on sale for $43
This next look is perfect for staying cozy on those rainy or icy/snowy days where you have to go run errands.
-Ultimate down parka from Hollister.com for $200
-Pullover turtle neck sweater from Zaful.com on sale for $25
-Stretch high rise super skinny from Hollisterco.com on sale for $60
-Textured knit infinity scarf from Simons.ca on sale for $29
-Rain boots from Hunterboots.com for $160
-Black Chloe bucket bag from Trouva.com on sale for $67
-Ray Ban aviator large metal from Smartbuyglasses.com for $115
I know this look isn’t a day to day cozy outfit, but it is a party or going out outfit. Since the holidays are here and we are all going out and spending time with our friends and loved ones. I think this outfit fits the festivities.
-High waist midi skater skirt from Yoins.com on sale for $36
-Zuly rose cropped knit jumper from Prettylittlething.com on sale for $14
-Thigh high boots from Nordstromracks.com for $90
-Large zip pouch with pearls from Bananarepublic.Gap.com on sale for $29
This is my last look and its another favorite. You can go from day to night. You can never go wrong with dressing a sweater with a leather jacket. Just add some cute boots or booties with a detailed bag and you can go from day to night.
-Marled knit stepped hem jumper from Makemechic.com on sale for $34
-Molly skinny fit jeggings from Riverisland.com on sale for $40
-Faux leather biker jacket from MissSelfridge.com on sale for $44
-Hester side cutout bootie from Avenue.com on sale for $23
-Quilted stitching chain crossbody bag from Gamiss.com on sale for $23
Happy Friday babes! Now that summertime is here and the sun is setting at 8:30pm, we should be enjoying every minute of it. But what do we do when we’re on a budget, but its to nice to stay home, or what should your kids do when they say their bored? I’ve come up with a list of a 100 free or cheap things to do for all ages in the summertime.
- Go fishing
- Learn how to play an instrument
- Go to the farmers market
- Make a summer playlist
- Start a Summer 2018 scrapbook
- Go to a concert at the park
- Go for a jog
- Make tie die t-shirts
- Throw a potluck BBQ for friends, family, and neighbors
- Visit a local landmark
- Play with clay
- Play fetch with your dog
- Catch fireflies
- Go stargazing
- Go to the County Fair
- Go to the park
- Go through all your clothes and donate what you don’t want anymore
- Camp in the backyard
- Have a picnic
- Visit a National Park
- Go to the zoo
- Learn magic tricks
- Write with chalk on the sidewalk
- Play volleyball on the beach
- Pick wild flowers
- Do a Jigsaw puzzle
- Go to an amusement park
- Build a fort
- Make at home face masks
- Play dress up with your daughter
- Have a tea party
- Attend a local baseball game
- Have a water balloon fight
- Go bird watching
- Go to the beach
- Go swimming in the lake
- Go skinny dipping
- Enter a 5k marathon
- Feed the ducks
- Do all the touristy things that your town has
- Make S’mores
- Watch the sunset
- Watch the sunrise
- Go for a night swim
- Have a water gun fight
- Start a garden
- Go to the water park
- Fly a kite
- Send the kids to camp
- Go thrift store shopping
- Go bike riding
- Throw a party at your house
- Have a garage sale
- Have a slumber party for the kids
- Do yoga outside
- Go on a scavenger hunt
- Play a sport
- Play a card game
- Start a blog
- Make fudge Sundays
- Play a game on your phone
- Start a journal
- Do a DIY project
- Read a book
- Watch the fireworks
- Make ice cream
- Start watching a new tv show on Netflix
- Go to the drive-in movie
- Make slime
- Create a vision board
- Take pictures
- Go for a walk in your city
- Deep clean your home one room at a time
- Go to a kids museum
- Listen to an inspirational podcast
- Make popsicles
- Build a sand castle
- Go to the flea market
- Have a family game night
- Build a campfire
- Go for a hike
- Play on a slip n’ slide
- Host an adult game night
- Play in the sprinklers
- Go on a bar crawl
- Take the dog on a long walk
- Go swimming
- Go rock climbing
- Play in the creek
- Watch a youtube tutorial on something you wanna learn
- Start a Youtube channel
- Go bowling
- Participate in the tough mudder run
- Play mini golf
- Play a lawn games
- Attend a lantern festival
- Make a new drinking game with friends
Well that’s all I got for tonight and I’ll talk to you guys on Tuesday. Oh! My new posting days are Tuesday through Friday at 7:00pm pacific time. Have a great weekend!
-Disclaimer the picture on the post does not belong to me I got it off of Pinterest.